Teaser!

Heyy! So basically I thought this might be round about halfway through the story now, and I've been planning a few chapters ahead, just to spike some interest lol!  I'll be uploading the next chapter soon continuing from chapter 20, but it might take a week or two, so here's just something I thought I might post from my plans as an extract from one of the later chapters in the meantime! Thanks so much for following an I hope you enjoy, any comments and votes appreciated!

Cappa ~#~

"You wanna know what I think?"

Dimitri cocked his head on one side. "Humour me."

"I think you're talking a load of shit."

"Oh yeah?" He answered with a smile, hefting the stake.

I curled my defenceless hands in frustration. While he held all the cards, I couldn't touch him.

"What's the problem, Cappa?" Dimitri was still smiling all over his smug face. "Cat got your tongue?"

"Shut up."

"I'll make you a deal." Dimitri waved the stake in the air for me to see. "Why don't you come over here and make me?"

I slid my eyes over the peice of wood.

"Oh, that's right." Dimitri grinned. "Ten out of ten for observation, Cappa."

"You're-"

"Spare me the insults." He silenced me. Raising an eyebrow, he made a point of looking round the trees. "We're going to have to do this sooner or later." He said with a wistful shrug. "I see nobody else who's coming to kick my ass."

I snarled at him.

"If you're not coming over here...." He turned his head slowly to face me. "I guess I'll have to come and get you myself."

I braced myself for his attack, but it never came. Distant shouts of my name stirred the silence, and Dimitri gave me a calculating glare.

"I see you brought back-up." He shook his head and stood straighter. "Cheat."

"I'm going to kill you." I hissed the promise.

"Tell that to the person who tried it last time, and see what he tells you." Dimitri turned his face to the direction of the voices. "I guess I'll be seeing you around."

"What's the matter? Scared you're not going to win?" I taunted him in an effort to keep him in front of me.

He grinned back at me, seeing right through me. Manipulation was his game, and he knew all the tricks.

"Tonnes against one isn't exactly fair." He told me with a mock-innocent look. "But don't worry, Cappa. I'll be back for you, and we can finish this then." His face broke into an evil smile, and he checked two fingers off his forehead in a patronising salute. "Until next time, lover boy."

And he ran at top speed into the trees.

"Get back here!" I yelled, starting to give chase, but was stopped by a firm grasp around my arm.

"Let him go, Cappa." Murmured a voice in my ear, and three vampires sprinted past us at full speed after him. "It's you that he's after."