Chapter 13

Nov/8/2016: Rip United States.

Nov/17: Started my cosmetology course and should be getting my Korean language soon. Little preoccupied. 

Dang school. The only thing that can turn something as fun as hair and makeup into something exasperatingly boring.

***

     I sat waiting at the restaurant alone. I was supposed to meet Dario and talk about money management. Since I haven't had my own money and I usually spend money on lavish objects, Dario thought it'd be a good idea to talk to me about investments and savings. I figured I should listen because I was about to drop one grand on a pair of limited edition sneakers. 

    I decided to forgo the proper etiquette of waiting for the other person before ordering, and ordered a salad and coke. I sat for maybe fifteen minutes until Dario showed up. He sat down and flagged a waiter. Once he was all settled he looked at me and asked if I had any thoughts to if I wanted to invest money or not.

"I don't want to invest in some crack pot schemes. I just want to live and have fun. I think I deserve it." I said with a shrug.

"Matthew, you've got to plan this out. It may seem like a lot of money now, but down the line it will slowly disappear if you don't watch it."

"So you want me to buy oil?" I replied sarcastically.

"You don't buy oil, you invest in stocks. But, no. I wouldn't expect you to do that. I'm just saying, invest in something that's worth will grow over the years."

"Like diamonds!" I yelled excited.

"No, Matthew, just no." 

"Diamonds will go up in-"

"No, they won't. Maybe 50 years from now if there is a shortage or the demand sky rockets it may be a good investment. But the truth is that diamonds aren't as rare as say, it was just a ploy from back in the day." 

"Whatever. Its still sparkly." I shrugged.

     We ate and talked a bit, going over the future. Dario asked if I was certain that Trey was the one I wanted to spend the rest of my life with, as he was a bit immature. And clumsy. So clumsy.

"I'm certain. Even though he may be a buffoon, he is still the sweet guy who helped and loved me when no one else did. I love him flaws and all. Well, there is a thing or two, but i'm willing to look past it for love." I explained.

"Well, I just think you should take some time to think. You two got "engaged" very young. I just don't want either of you to look back years from now and think, "If only." Then break up or something." 

"We're happy now. Thats all that matters." 

"You're still young. I don't expect you to understand it right away." 

     I was about to roll my eyes when I realized that it would be considered as "immature." Instead, I kept quiet and focused on my rabbit food as Trey would describe it. I did take the advice away though, and thought short and mild. We were happy. Thats all.

     We finished our food and Dario decided that he needed to go to the mall and pick some things up. He obviously needed some advice so I volunteered. He looked a bit embarrassed even though I promised not to make him look like a flamer. Not even a chuckle out of him. Thats when I started speculating something was up.

     When we got to the mall he started purposely going to random stores and buying things he did not need. He seemed to be trying to evade the real destination. I gave him a suspicious look and then decided to poke the bear.