Chapter 14

12/25/16 Working through my food coma and my 35 page essay. This sucks. Any ways.... here you go.

1/28/17...procrastinating that essay...on page 16 ^.^... also nearly got hit by a car today...moving next year, turning 21 in feb, and i thought paranormalana came back but it was so a-hole pretending to be her. anyways... I forgot to finish writing. I need to focus.

***

Kyle-

I groaned and slowly opened my eyes to the harsh glare of the sun beaming through my open blinds. I looked at the door which had a very annoying banging noise coming through it. I put my pillow over my head trying to make the pounding in my head go away. That stupid banging wouldn't stop.

"Kyle! I know you're in there!"

"Ugh, Chuck." I mumbled in disgust.

Of course the R.A. would bug me this early. I hoped that he would take my silence and leave again but I guess he wasn't having it this time. I heard the keys jingling and then the door unlocking a moment later. I kept my eyes shut but then was forced to look up when Chuck snatched the pillow from my head.

"What!" I yelled.

"You do know that housing is only for actual students right?"

"Yeah, so?"

"You haven't been attending classes. This is the eighth class you missed this term. If you keep this up your scholarship will be revoked and you'll be made to leave this school." Chuck said as he tossed some papers on my crowded desk.

I rolled over toward the wall and pulled my blankets up over my head and heard the door shut. I really couldn't be bothered with this crap. There was really no point. I could get a job without school. Granted not a well paying job, but a job. I yawned and fell back asleep.

*

I squinted at the bright sunshine and tugged at the heavy backpack as I walked to my next class. I glared at the very happy sorority girls with their colorful ensemble of dress. They were laughing and being total divs. There was absolutely no reason to be so fucking happy.

When I got to the classroom I sat at one of the rows at the top of the stairs and set my phone to record mode and then promptly placed my pillow on my table and dozed off to sleep. I woke up when I felt a buzzing next to my head. I saw that I had a few missed calls from my parents and one from my brother. I looked around and saw that everyone, including the professor, had left so I got up and left. My stomach growled and I decided that now was a good time to grab a bite to eat.

I walked through the campus toward the east side where there was some carts with some cheap sandwiches and pop. I stood in line and was minding my own business when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I looked behind me and my jaw dropped as I saw my big brother standing behind me with a grin on his face.

"Caleb!" I squealed as I hugged him tight.

"Sup little bro. I swear you're shrinking. You get skinnier every time I see you...or I'm just getting bigger." He said and patted my head.

"What are you doing here? I thought you was in South Carolina for football?" I asked as I looked him over.

"Thought I could use a break. Training is intense. All those meatheads takes it so serious." He responded as he stared at me. "You ain't looking so good these days kid. I thought you said you could handle the responsibility of living on your own?"

"I'm fine. Just tired is all. All these assignments." I waved him off and rolled my eyes. Caleb didn't respond for a while before he said,

"Dad got a call from the school."

"Crap." I muttered.

"Yeah. The folks think you should take a break, come home, and try again next fall." 

"No! I'm fine. I just, I need some time, okay? I just need to find a good schedule to stick to. I need to find a way to focus." I explained while avoiding the truth.

"Well, I guess. Hey, since i'm spending the week with you, why don't you take me to your dorm so I can drop my stuff off and we can go find a place to eat. That drive was long." Caleb said as he padded me on the back.

"Sure. I don't have anymore classes tonight." I responded happily and led him to my dorm.

     I just hoped that we didn't run into Matthew or Seth. They would ruin everything. I had to convince my family that nothing was wrong until I could figure out what to do. If they knew what had happened, well, I wasn't sure what would happen. All I knew was that I wanted to take it to my grave and avoid any and every confrontation it would invoke. I just didn't want to talk about it or answer questions. It was better for it to be left alone. Maybe my parent were right. 

Maybe I should just go home.

***

Snapchat: adorkableme21

Insta: chelseaangel21

tumblr: clphantomhive21

I post a lot, A LOT, on these sights frequently >w< ...still debating on a youtube...idk. maybe someday.