Chapter 28: Nearing the end

Mike and I went to his dorm room, which was about a two minute walk from mine. The part I hated about it, it was three rooms away from Kale's. The room was decorated to look like his room he had last year, when we were dating. He lead me to the bed after closing the door. Making me sit down, he looked me in the eye, leaning over my chest. "Are you really giving into me?"

I nodded, not moving. "Yes." I looked at my lap. "Being with Kale made me forget about my guilt, but then I realized I can never run away from it...from you." Suddenly, I was on my back on the bed, and Mike was on top of me, leaning on the bed so his chest was a hair away from mine.

"If you don't have feelings for Kale, then why did you scream his name? Why did you tell me to stop? Why did you sleep with him?" I looked at him with sad eyes. "I was trying to escape the reality of what I did...I was living in a fantasy..." I started to tear up and they fell. "I'm sorry Mike..."

He stared at me for a moment before kissing me softly on the lips and laying on me in an awkward hug. "I know you are. I'm happy you could see that you were wrong, but you have to pay for what you did." I nodded, knowing it would come to this. My body stiffened, trying to accept the idea that Mike and I would soon...

He got off of me and stood up, sighing. "I know you're not ready. You won't be until you see Kale has given up on you, like he planned to do." He leaned forward. "Time to come back to reality." I watched him as he walked away...What is Mike planning?

Really? I thought hopelessly in my head. Mike was sitting at the biggest table in the lunch room, surrounded by people. I was carrying his lunch to him, while carrying his backpack. Is this suppose to be a test? If so, then I don't plan on failing. I set Mike's lunch down on the table and put his backpack under the seat.

"Thank you, Elly." He sang. The table was completely full. Mike pointed off to the snack line. "Go and get your food now. There'll be room when you get back." I nodded and walked away. As I grabbed a soda and some carrots and walked away, I ran into someone. "Oh, sorry." I said, picking my soda up.

When I looked up, I saw it was Kale. I froze. We both stood there, staring at each other. For a moment, I could have swore the whole cafeteria just went quiet. His eyes were so sad, and he had dark marks under them. Had he gotten any sleep since yesterday? Quickly, I looked away before walking past him, back towards the table.

I didn't manage to take three steps before I felt his hand grabb my wrist, dragging me out of the cafeteria. "Kale?!" I looked at him, then back at Mike. He stared at me for a moment, frowning. I tried to pull away, but Kale's grip was too tight. It started to hurt when he let go of me after walking down two hallways.

When he did, he stopped walking and started talking, but didn't turn around to look at me. "Ellain, do you remember our first date?" I didn't answer, looking at the back of his head. "During the car ride back, you got angry because I was jealous that Riley was flirting with you and got out. It was then that you told me how I made you feel..." He turned around and looked me in the eye.

"I want you to answer one question for me. How does Mike make you feel?" I froze, looking away from Kale. "Why don't you ask your sister?" I said, turning around. Kale grabbed me again, pulling me into him. I started to fight back, but he wouldn't let go. "I don't care if you think you love Mike! I know you love me, Ellain."

I pushed him away, glaring at him. I had to think about all of the things he had done that pissed me off in order to stay mad. "Oh yea?! If I cared about you so much, then why would I leave you?" I felt a hand go on my shoulder. "Because you care about me more." I felt myself being pulled into someones chest.

Looking up, I saw Mike, glaring at Kale. "If you touch her again," He pressed his lips tightly onto mine before looking back at him. "I'll kill you." Guiding me, he turned around and headed back towards the class rooms.