Chapter 28

***A/N This chapter might not be suitable for those who are under 18 ***

----------

     "Why can't I accept the offer? I need this job." Jihyo asked with her eyes fixed on Gary. She pulled Gary up and makes him sit beside her. "I don't like it." Gary blurted out after a moment, and then he is silent.

Jihyo reached for his hands and rubs them softly. "Oppa, I need this job. I want aunt and uncle to stop worrying about me." Jihyo sighed and look at Gary who is still quiet after listening to her explanation.

Jihyo was expecting him to be happy like he always did when they have good news. He was happy before she told him her job. "Can't you wait for the other offer? We applied many jobs that is related to our course. Can't you wait for that?" Gary said to Jihyo.

A week after they finished their finals, Gary and Jihyo applied for jobs together. Now, they're waiting for the company to call them. Jihyo noticed the change on Gary's face when she filled the model form. She let it slide as Gary said nothing to her.

Jihyo knew that Gary is afraid that he is forcing Jihyo. He is not looking at her when he speaks. "Oppa, can you please understand my situation? I need the job now." Jihyo stroked  his hair softly, she talks with her soft voice as she tries to make him understand.

"Why do you need this job? You can wait for the other offer right? You can do any other job but not as a model." Gary raises his voice a bit. Jihyo was stunned at his voice but she still sticks to her decision. "What if the other offers are not coming? Should I become jobless? I need the job, oppa." Jihyo still tries to convince him.

Jihyo looked at Gary, "Oppa, I really need to work. Can you please understand me?" Jihyo says that made Gary look at her. Jihyo noticed that he is breathing rapidly, seems like he is trying to control his anger.

"Why do you need the work so desperately? I can give you the money if you need them. Don't make a decision without thinking about us. Just please, don't take the offer. Please, Jihyo-ah." Gary says with his begging voice.

Jihyo was shocked at Gary's statement. Jihyo looked at Gary who looks so frustrated. Jihyo stands up and walks to the kitchen. She filled a glass of water and placed it on the tea table. She took her handbag and walks to the doorway. Gary was confused with her action and walks after her.

"Where are you going?" Gary held her hands and prevents her from walking away. "Home." Jihyo gives him a short answer. Jihyo pushes his hand away. Gary looks at her with a mong expression. He tries to understand what is Jihyo doing but he can't.

Jihyo opened the door before turning to Gary, "Mianhe Kang Gary-ssi if I made a decision without thinking about us. But, I want you to know that, I'm going out with you not because of your money." Jihyo said and stepped out of the house.

Gary was stunned at Jihyo's words. He doesn't know how he should react. He lets out a heavy sigh and brings his heavy steps to the couch.

***

"You're home Jihyo-ah? Not going out with Gary today?" Mrs. Lee asked Jihyo who is munching the crackers on the couch. Jihyo shakes her head with her eyes fix at the tv. "Wae? Since you started your holiday, it seems like a routine for Gary to come here or you go to him?"

"Molla." Jihyo says and changes the program. "If he is helping his cousin, Gil, you will always have your phone with you. Why is it today no phone and no visit?" Mrs. Lee reached the crackers from Jihyo.

"I just don't feel like visiting him. Nothing else." Jihyo says to Mrs. Lee. She smiled when she hears Jihyo's tone. There must be something wrong. "Are you two quarreling?" Jihyo shakes her head. "Is he busy?" Again, Jihyo gives the same response.