Chapter 35

They are laughing. Together? 'Were they planning all of this together?' Gary walked with his heavy steps to the car before bursting into tears. He drove with tears rolling down his cheeks. Anger, sadness, pain and regrets, all are combined as one, deep inside his heart that only gives him pain rather than happiness.

He glanced at the envelope, trying to deny the fact that he had known. Tears coming out without warning that made him screamed with all he has. 'Is fate playing with him? Why just now when he had planned all the things that he wants to do with her?'

'The result is not valid.' 'It is not a fact.' 'Life feels unfair.' 'All of this are just scary dreams.' All this words going through his mind that he can't even stop them. He rested his head on the steering wheel before noticing that he is parked at their basement.

He walked into the house and his knees gave up when all their memories recalled in his mind. When Jihyo always pats his butt. When he brushes her teeth and she shaves him. He sighed, losing any suitable words. The puppy that he gave Jihyo ran to him as if he knows Gary is having a hard time.

***

Jihyo smiled as she noticed Gary's shoes at the shoe rack. "I'm home!" Jihyo pouts as there is no response. She walked to the living room, there he is, watching the TV. She gives him a back hug and rested her head on his, "Oppa, I'm home."

Gary released the hug with his eyes still fix on the TV and Jihyo frowned to his unusual response. She decided to let it slip by sitting next to him and rested her head on his chest by hugging him tightly. Gary reaches for the remote and changed the channel to another.

Jihyo pouts, "Oppa, is there something  bad that had happened? Does Gil oppa gives you too much of work?" Jihyo pats his chest softly. "Aniya." Gary said and Jihyo can feel the coldness from Gary's tone. "Oppa, is there something that you want to tell?" Jihyo raises her head, looking at Gary, but, his eyes still froze at the TV.

"Ani." Again, the answer is short but cold. "Ani, when you're clearly not smiling when I hugged you? Ani, when you're not hugging me back like you always do when we watch TV together?" Jihyo looked at Gary, waiting for his answer.

"Aren't you the one who have something to confess to me?" Gary answers her question by giving her his question. Jihyo shook her head with her innocent face. She pouts cutely like she always does when she wants something from Gary.

"Then what is with Minho?" Gary said to Jihyo. "Nae? Minho?" Jihyo asked out of her confusion and only then she remembered that she had lunch with Minho. She puts her hands at Gary's arm, "Oppa, we just had lunch together, nothing more than that."

Gary smirked at Jihyo, "Just having lunch? Don't you think that he will try to do what he had done before?" Gary says with concerned voice. His temper is cool when Jihyo touched him. Jihyo smiled at him, "Oppa, don't be childish, he will not be doing that, he is married to Soelhyun." Jihyo strokes Gary's cheek.

Gary pushes Jihyo's hands away, "What? Is what I'm doing childish to you?" Gary raises his voice and only then Jihyo realized her mistakes. "Op.." "Yes, I know that what I'm doing is childish, yes, being immature means childish." Gary lets out a deep sigh.

Gary turned and took his jacket, "I know, I'm just a loser. I have no fixed job and maybe you already regret being with me. If you are tired with all of this just say it all out. Make it easier for me to understand. But, don't ever cheat on me." Jihyo shocked at what Gary said and she walked to Gary.

Jihyo tries to put her hands on Gary's shoulder but he flinched before continuing, "I'll let you go Jihyo-ah, just don't cheat on me." Gary said before walking to the door. Jihyo looked at Gary who is walking away. She felt hurt for making Gary feels that way and for Gary's words.

Being alone without Gary? Jihyo fell on the floor with that in her thought. She just can't imagine what it feels not to have Gary around. All their crazy things together kept on rewinding inJihyo's mind. Jihyo cries for the first time after being with Gary. The memories of their anniversary is still fresh.

She knows, it is her mistake for having lunch with Minho. Does that mean Gary was there? But he said that he couldn't make it as Gil wants him to finish the song. Jihyo slaps herself when she realized that Gary is trying to make a surprise for her.

She smiled with that in mind but her smiles fade away when she thought of what Gary said that he'll let her go. Jihyo feels grateful for Gary for showing his jealous side. She took her phone and called someone. "Haha oppa, is Gary oppa with you?" Jihyo said after she greeted him.

"He told me that he is on his way to join us. Wae Jihyo-ah?" Haha asked as he feels something is not right with Jihyo's tone. "We had some fight oppa. But it is because of me and it is actually a little bit of misunderstanding." Jihyo explained and sniff.

"Are you crying Jihyo-ah?" Haha says with his concerned voice. "Nae, he mentioned about break up." Her tears is scrolling down, "What?! This kid sure wants to die." "Oppa can I ask one thing from you?" Jihyo clears her throat before she continued, "Don't kill him, I want him in one piece."

She can hear that Haha is laughing at her. "He sure has plant his cheesy chip in your mind. Ok, I know what he means to you. Hang on Jihyo-ah." Haha said. "Thank you oppa." Jihyo hanged up the call and bring herself to freshen up and wait for him to come back home.

***

Jihyo's alarm rings at 6 in the morning. She flinched a little, trying to find a warm body that she always cuddles to, but there is nothing. She opened her eyes and sighed, 'He is not coming home.' Jihyo looked around the living room, she was sleeping on the couch as she waited for Gary.

She brings herself to their room and get ready to go to work. 'I miss him.' Jihyo pleads as she flops herself on the bed. His scent is still there that make her become teary. "Go to work and settle all your work then you can come home earlier to settle all this."

She says to her reflection. "Go! Go! Mrs. Kang!" Jihyo blushed at her own words. "Mrs. Kang wanna be." With that word, Jihyo manages to lift up her mood and starts to get ready for work.

***

"Why are you sleeping here Gary-ah?" Gil pats Gary's butt that made him flinched a bit. "Are you having marriage problem? I was about to ask you about the tips in marriage." Gil says cheekily. Gary rubs his eyes and takes all of his things.

"I'm not coming today." Gary says before he walks away, leaving Gil staring blankly at him. "What's wrong with him?" Gil strokes his chin. "Wait! Wasn't he wearing the same clothes as yesterday? What happened? Does my cousin not fertile enough?"

Gil shakes his head, "War is coming."

*** It's been a long sad week. Been really down after Gary's announcement of departure. But we need to understand and support him. All for his best. Thank you to temoalx for recommending this story. ^_^ I'm a fan of your stories... -llecniw ***