Chapter 31

"Gary-ah, are you ok? It seems like something is bothering you." Gil tapped Gary's shoulder before giving him some massage. Gary rubs his face before looking at Gil. He can't lie to Gil as they are cousins. It is not only because Gil is his cousin, it is he just can't lie.

Gary closed his eyes and rested his head on the couch. Gil reaches for the paper on the table and reads the words on them. Some words seem like erased and they're not matching at one and another.

Gary worked at Gil's company as one of the composers. He is not working with Gil actually, he is just doing it for fun. Gil sensed Gary can make music when he listened to the way Gary talks and once he saw Gary wrote something like a poem. It turned out Gary wants to help him in music and they worked together.

"Is there anything you want to share with me?" Gil asked Gary one more time. He knows, there must be something that is bothering his cousin that made him become so quiet for the past few days. Gil massaged his shoulder to help him release some stress.

Gary lets out a heavy sigh that made Gil become sure enough that he has a problem. The last time Gil saw Gary this moody is when Jihyo's terms to be his slave was almost ending. "What is it Gary-ah?" "Is it Jihyo?" The way Gary looked at Gil when he mentioned Jihyo makes him smile.

"What is it this time?" Gil playing with his eyebrows by raising them repeatedly. "I just felt guilty for her." Gary rubs his face repeatedly. "Do you remember the night when Haha called us?" Gil nods to Gary.

"Byul called Jihyo and asks her to hang out with her. Byul told her that Haha proposed to her. She seems like happy for Byul but I'm afraid she is broken inside as I never mentioned marriage to her." Gary rubs his head when Gil gave him a smack on his head.

"You have her by yourself but you never mentioned about marriage? I thought that you really love her." Gil shakes his head to disbelief. Gary looked at him with unspoken look. "I do love her." "Then, why did you never mention about marriage to her?"

Gary looked at the wall blankly. He tries to find the suitable words for Gil's question. Why does he never mentioned about marriage to Jihyo. "You must tie her in order to have her around you forever."

"Loving her with all your heart does not mean that she is yours. I know that you and Jihyo loved each other with all you have. But still, you must have something that will make you last longer." Gil pats Gary's shoulder when he seemed to be in a deep thought.

"I'm gonna get some drinks from pantry. Do you want anything?" Gil stood after a few moments when Gary did not give any response to his words. Gary looked up to Gil before he shakes his head to Gil.

He is still thinking about Gil's words. He has the point at it. 'Loving each other doesn't mean that she is mine forever. But, we both had promised to take this relationship slowly. What should I do?' Gary thought to himself.

***

"Jihyo-ah." Rijin waves her hand at Jihyo who is seems to be in a deep thought. Jihyo shook her head a bit before smiling to Rijin. "What is it Unni?" Jihyo looked at Rijin. "What are you thinking? I called you many times. It looks like you're thinking about the country's problem."

Jihyo laughef softly, "Chincha? Mianheyo unni. It's nothing Unni." Rijin raises her eyebrows a bit, "Ok then. Here. The reports that you need to go through." Rijin handed Jihyo a file. "Thank you." Jihyo lookef at the report and smiled to Rijin, "Work hard and no more daydreaming Jihyo-ah."

Jihyo flipped on the report before reaching for her phone in the drawer. No messages or calls from Gary. It has been a very awkward time for her after she told Gary that Haha proposed to Byul. She knows that Gary felt guilty for not doing the same to her.