Chapter 44

Gary did not went to see Yejin in the next 2 days and Yejin keeps on waiting for him. When Yejin is asking about Gary, Jihyo blamed herself because she does not have Gary's number. She wants to blame Gary for giving too much hope to Yejin but she keeps on telling herself that Gary is with his family but at the same time feeling sorry for Yejin.

Suddenly Yejin shook her hands, that brought her back to reality. He is pointing to someone who is coming to the shop. It is Byul and her son, Dream. Jihyo smiled and waves at them, "Indeed, Song Jihyo will never change, a mong Jihyo will always be mong." Byul said before hugging Jihyo.

"Yejin is also here? Are you not going home yet? Are you waiting for your mother to finish her work?" Byul asked Yejin. Yejin shook his head, "I'm waiting for appa. He promised to come." Byul was in shock after hearing what Yejin said. She looked at Jihyo.

"You don't have appa Yejin-ahh." Dream says to Yejin. "I do have." Yejin says in a little bit low voice. Byul noticed that Yejin looks offended, "Yejin-ah, let's play at the playground." Yejin doesn't move from his position before Jihyo pulled his hands and walked with Byul and Dream.

***

"Does Yejin know that Gary oppa is his real father?" Byul looked at Jihyo before turning to Dream and Yejin who are playing. Jihyo smiled weakly, "He don't know and he'll never know about that."

"This is not right Jihyo-ahh.. I don't mean to backup Gary oppa, but both have the right to know the truth." Byul felt sad for Yejin, he has a father, but he can not call him that. "Then tell me what is right? Tell Yejin that he is Gary's son? Or tell Gary that Yejin is our son?" Byul nodded to Jihyo.

"Do you expect me to tell all of that when Gary doesn't even know who I am?" Byul looked puzzled. "Nae, he doesn't remember anything about us. Gil oppa told me that he can only remember up to his high school time. I doubt a little bit about what Gil oppa said, but that is what I know."

"Besides, he has someone else who is much better than me. They're just like an ideal family. The way it should be." Jihyo looked at Yejin who is laughing happily with Dream, she felt so sorry for Yejin, 'Yejin-ah..what should omma do?'

***

"Omma, can't you call appa ask him about our picnic tomorrow?" Yejin said to Jihyo while combing his hair. Jihyo froze a bit, she remembered Gary told her they will go for a picnic together on that weekend, the day before the lady and a kid came then he went missing.

"Yejin-ah, will it be ok if just the two of us will go for picnic, without that ahjussi?" Jihyo tried to comfort Yejin, she worries that Yejin will be mad at her. Besides, there is no way Gary will come when he has his family with him. "I don't want to, if appa is not there, I will not go for picnic."

"We can have Kwangsoo uncle together...ok?" Jihyo comforts him again, but he shook his head, disagreeing on Jihyo's idea. "If appa is not coming with us, I'm not going.." Yejin took his pillow and walks to Kwangsoo's room again, leaving Jihyo speechless, alone in the room.

***

"What the heck are you doing for this past one month?!" Jaesuk slams the file on the table. He is not satisfied with Gary's proposal for the company. "Mr. Yoo, I'm sorry for disappointing you, but the...." "Are you going to say that the time I gave to you are not enough?!" Jaesuk cuts Gary before he finished his words.

"I don't care! I want you to come up with a new proposal in 48 hours!" Jaesuk said strictly. "But.." "No more excuses. You can go now." Jaesuk added. Gary bowed slightly, before walking out of the room.

***

"Jihyo-ahh, can't you call Gary?" Mrs. Lee pleads to Jihyo who seems in a blank space. "Yejin keeps on calling for his appa.." Mrs. Lee added before putting the towel on Yejin's forehead. He has fever. He keeps on calling for Gary.

Jihyo just can't think anything, she doesn't know that Gary has affected Yejin this bad. If she knew, she will not argue on the picnic issues and brought him to the picnic. The whole day, Yejin keeps on asking for Jihyo to call Gary but she refuses. He then felt sick after his shower.

"No, we can't.."Jihyo said to Mrs. Lee. Mrs. Lee sighed, "Can't you let go of your ego a bit, at least for Yejin?" Jihyo ignored what her aunt said and kept on wiping Yejin's body. "I don't have his number and we can't disturb him aunt." "Why can't we? Yejin is his son.."

"Yejin is my son and that it. He'll be alright. " "Noona, this fight is between you and Gary hyung but why Yejin becomes the victim? This won't do.. I'll call him.." Kwangsoo took his phone from his pocket. "Good son. Ignore what this girl is saying." Mrs. Lee supported Kwangsoo.

Jihyo turned to Kwangsoo and Mrs. Lee who are waiting for the other person to pick it up. "He's not picking up." Kwangsoo says weakly. "I told you not to disturb him." Jihyo said before she continues to wipe Yejin's body. She actually was hoping Gary to pick up the call, but..

'Where are you when you were most needed?'