Chapter 15

Jihyo walks to the soccer field after Gary left her. It has been her habit to go to the soccer field. She must apologize to Gary for making him angry. She smiles along the way trying to make herself happy and builds some words to tell Gary. She reached the field and stops when she saw Gary and he is laughing with a girl. That girl must be one of the cheerleader team, looking at her outfit.

"Ohh, noona? Are you not going down to the field?" It is Soohyun. "I don't think so, who is that Soohyun?" Jihyo pointing at the girl that sits next to Gary. "She is the leader of the cheerleader team, Soelhyun." Jihyo takes a deep breath but she felt that the air is so heavy.

"Come noona, let's go to the field." Soohyun says and turns to Jihyo. Jihyo walks together with Soohyun, her eyes pins at Gary. She approached Gary who is still laughing and Gary stop laughing when he looks at Jihyo. Jihyo walks to Gary and smiles at him. "Why are you here?" Gary says with sarcastic voice. "Go!" Gary shouts at Jihyo, and she is shocked, she walked away. She holds her tears as she doesn't want to look weak.

Soohyun runs after Jihyo. "Noona! Are you ok?" Soohyun asks her. "It's ok Soohyun, sunbae is happy without me. Maybe sunbae has problem. I'll text him." Jihyo says and walks away. She avoids making eye contact with Soohyun, she's afraid Soohyun will know that she is hurt.

That is the first time, for almost one month, she went home by bus. She looks at a pair of couple in front of her. The girlfriend lays her head on the boyfriend's shoulder. She feels like crying and the tears she is holding burst out. She's crying and totally ignored what the other passengers might say.

Jihyo reached home earlier like she always does before being Gary's slave. Thinking about the scene where Gary laughed with the girl makes her tears come down. "I'm home." Jihyo says. "You're home? I didn't hear any car coming, how did you get home?" Mrs. Lee asks Jihyo. "By bus." "Eyy, Gary didn't send you home? wae?" "He must be busy aunt." Jihyo says with a low voice, Mrs. Lee looks at Jihyo and she feels that something is not right.

"Aunt, I'll not come down for dinner, don't enter my room." Jihyo says then heads to the room. Mrs. Lee couldn't answer Jihyo as she hears a slam of the door.

Jihyo cries in the shower, she, herself don't know how long does she stayed in the shower. After the shower, she tries to study for the upcoming exam, but she cannot focus. Her mind is driven to Gary. 'Why did sunbae raise his voice at me? What had I done wrong that made him shout at me? He had raised his voice at me once then he apologized, but this time?' Jihyo lets out a heavy breath.

'So, sunbae like a girl like that. The first character for being a cheerleader is must be beautiful, then, know how to dance, everything is so opposite of me. For almost one month, I had never seen sunbae laugh like that when he's with me.' Jihyo recalls back how happy was Gary before she came.

Jihyo walks to her bed and reaches for her phone. She scrolls her phone and looks at the contact list. She calls Gary but before the call been connected, she hangs up the call. She repeats for almost ten times and let out a heavy sigh. She's crying again, she feels her heart ripping into pieces, she don't know why, but she keeps on crying and she doze off because of crying so hard.

***

Jihyo reaches for her phone as soon as she woke up. She's afraid that she missed Gary's call. But there is no call or message from Gary. She lets out a heavy sigh and she breaths deeply to avoid tears from coming out.

She orders a cup of Americano and caramel macchiato and buys breads. She is determined to make up with Gary. Her eyes isswollen because of crying so hard last night. Gary is reading when she arrives at the rooftop. She walks to the bench and gives Gary his drink. "Here." She hands the paper cup to Gary. "Just put it there." Gary says still focus in his reading and didn't look at Jihyo.