1 ~ Still Broken

I can't believe I've had so many requests to start this book....... I feel like I've actually accomplished something important by doing something amazing!! Thank you all for reading my story and giving such great feedback!!! I hope that since I got so many reads on the first one in this series, that I'll get DOUBLE the reads on the sequel. Thank you for being amazing fans!!! I love you all!!! 

So without further ado, HERE'S THE SEQUEL!!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Ariel's P.O.V.

I took one last look as I passed the desk. Niki was crying into Harry's chest while he stroked her hair, tears streaming down his face as he held her. Niall and Louis were holding each other as they cried. Then I looked up at Liam. 

Liam held my eye contact for a few seconds before he closed his eyes and shook his head at me. My heart broke the minute I realized he was disappointed in my choice. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. 

The last thing I saw when I re-opened my eyes was the door clicking shut. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"LOUIS NO!!!!" I screamed as I sat straight up in my bed. Tears streamed down my face and I wiped them away from my cheeks with my fingers. 

Every night for the last year have been that one heartbreaking memory, when I managed to rip my own heart as well as the love of my life's heart out, stuck on replay in my dreams. I flipped the lamp on the bedside table on and looked around the darkened room. The light cast different shadows across the walls and deepened the darkness in the corners. 

Alone. I am all alone.

"Ariel?" My bedroom door slid open and the hallway light flooded into the small room. 

"I'm alright, Mom." I pulled the comforter up under my chin and clamped my eyes tightly shut to stop the waterworks. 

"Honey, it's alright." My bed dipped with her weight as she sat down by my knees. My mother's familiar scent of honey filled my nose as she wrapped her arms around me and rubbed my back reassuringly. 

"Is it supposed to hurt this much?" I sobbed into her shoulder and my mother laid her cheek atop my hair.

"I don't think so, sweetheart. You did the right thing though. Whether he knew it or not, you were helping everyone by leaving." My mother soothed me and I took in a deep breath.

"I honestly don't know what I'm supposed to do. I don't know how to make this pain go away. I'm falling apart and I can't even tell him if I wanted to. That would defeat the purpose of leaving in the first place." I cried and my mother tried to calm me.

"I know, darling. I know. This won't last forever. You'll find someone new and everything will melt away. Soon, you'll forget this torture and pain." Her words were of little comfort to my racing heart or pounding head and ringing ears.

"It's been a year. Shouldn't that have already happened?" I whined as I pulled away from her chest. Her eyes were full of sympathy and sadness.

"Some hearts take longer to heal. You've always been a fragile flower. You'll get there, darling. I know you are strong enough." My mother kissed my forehead as I wiped away the new tears from my face.

"Thank you, Mom." I smiled at the amazing woman who stood before me, glowing in the hallway light. 

"I love you, Ariel." She kissed my head once more.