Chapter Eighteen: Turn me

I sat at the bedside of my loved one as I watched a tired J.R.His eyes barely open, attempting to watch my every moment with human sights as best as he could. The festivity of our coven's master returning continued even without us. 

Jean stood outside of the door way; on guard for now, I had never seen him so tense.  I couldn't blame him. I had brought the enemy out of Coven on to grounds, to top it off we were both punished from seeing each other. What would you do if this sort of thing happened to you?

His pulse barely beating. It was calm; settling, as if he had be give five muscle relaxers after being restrained. Sex and drink always seem good at the time of the action. No mortal love is ever prepared for the aftermath of it. 

I could hear the cheering and music being played down below the lower levels. Kingston had always enjoyed a party. Jean stared at me with angered eyes, he was annoyed of course. Though of course like the good friend he was in to deep, like all of the trouble we had gotten into and not once has he left my side. We emotionally feed from one another, we didn't hide in knowing that. We kept each other alive.

"And if he comes up here waiting his little Adrian at his side? Jean questioned trying to keep his voice down to a hush. 

"Than I will be at his side", I responded stroking the hairs of my love's as I continued to watch him. A fighter he was, even during the elder ages he would stay up to watch me sleep during the day. He had never took my word of me not leaving him.  

"He will sense him", Jeans said with folded arms against the door.

"Where to take him, he has not a home", I said.

"Thanks to you", Jean rose his voice but quickly caught himself.

"And you are innocent my beloved friend? Were you not fucking his mother also. Such a bad one you are. She liked them young. Who would have thought his mother would seduce a young teenage with respiratory problems? We look him from a false life. He belongs in our world".

"Than make me one of you", J.R's lips spoke quietly, my immortal hearing could catch very word that he muttered. How long I wanted to hear those words. For him to finally join me. After all those years of watching him live....and die. For years hearing him decline my offer and die once more out of my jealous rage for him choosing another woman.  

A little curve painted my lips. Jean's eyes widen and quickly flashed to our sides.

"You cheeky-little-shit", Jean said looking into my eyes but mine kept to the green apples that had always held me captive. 

"You are welling to turn him; an enemy, under master's nose. Do you think he will settle for it this time. You can't be his eye candy for long if you pull this shit. I will admit you are strong but not godly". Jean said convincing. 

"Never doubt me Jean". I looked into his eyes stroking his cheek lovingly, he pushed it away and looked to J.R with jealous eyes of rage. "Take him back to the old him. Work you magic...fix it up and lay him to rest. We will speak on this when I arrive", I said pausing. "Go master is coming".

Jean gritted his teeth but lifted him in his arms and dissolved away.

Kingston opened the door no sooner. Kingston looked to me, I could feel his eyes on the back of my head as I placed a palm on to the pillow that had my lover's head on.

"Joining the party? He asked me as I finally turned to look at him. "I feel rather tired this night Kingston. Do not mistake my lack of energy. I am pleased you have returned to us". 

Kingston tilted his head. "Is that so? I can see you kept the place up and running. I knew you could". He stepped into the room looking around it as if searching for someone. "This room holds a similar scent...old blood? He questioned himself as he looked to the open window.