Chapter Twelve: Could you forgive?

J.R returned to the table in which he hoped to find his mother and father speaking peacefully. Though, if he lived within a perfect world they would have been. J.R stood just before the table to see that their food had been boxed up for a carry out and his father missing. A confused expression didn’t glance over his face nor sparked a peek. He knew his father was still angered who wouldn’t be?

Someone that was promised to love you for better and for worse, for as long as you both shall live had taken your vows and destroyed it…

He hated his mother for a while. Would could just throw their marriage way? Just turn their back on the one that claimed they loved. Their spouse one can get but, their children?

His mother snapping out of her trances like state to lay eyes on to J.R. She smiled that smile that only a mother could give in the time of worry. She took a stand and grabbed the clear plastic bags of boxed foods and took J.R by the hand. “Your father decided to leave early. He didn’t feel as hungry”, she claimed leading him carelessly towards the car parked in front of the building.

J.R held his mother’s hand, like a child trying to catch up with his parent’s footsteps. She had always held his hand, even in public. She looked at him the same, with care and love. Was that the reason why he couldn’t see the true meaning and want behind his mother’s eyes? Because she masked it well?

It took no longer than twenty minutes to reach home. He sat with his mother at the kitchen table as they both slowly at their meals. His mother paused in her chewing every so often just to look at her son with a faint smile.

“None of this is your fault you know”, his mother’s words broke out through the sounds of the kitchen clock ticking.

“I know…that you know”, she said glancing at her food. J.R said nothing, him doing the same as well.

“I never meant to hurt any of you. Especially you”, she placed down her fork.

“You know you were truly a gift to me. After your older brother I thought that I would never able to have a child again. Me and your father tired everything under the moon to bring you here. As a matter of fact it was just that, that brought you to us”, she said remembering.

“I remember…there was a woman at work that had heard about I and your father’s struggle to have another child. She recommended us to a woman that held many gifts of fertility. I thought it was silly, voodoo purely fiction in my book. I knew your father wouldn’t attend so I went alone.

I met her., She was very beautiful if I could say so. No flaw to her once so ever. Her skin paled in complexion. Long gorgeous black hair and eyes that could kill even the most dangerous of souls.”