Chapter Nineteen

* 2 days later *
Finally, I was discharged from the hospital. The tests came back clear of any damage to myself or the baby; I just have a few bruises here and there.

Ezra has really been looking after me since getting home, even though there's really nothing wrong with me. I just hope that things can go back to normal now. Well, as normal as things go in Rosewood.

As for my dad, I haven't heard from him since the incident at the hospital. I haven't bothered to reach out to him because I just don't feel ready to face him yet.

All of a sudden, as I was sitting on Ezra's couch watching some TV, my phone buzzed. I hesitated in picking it up and my palms became sweaty.

Enjoy your hospital stay? Little sluts like you deserve to be punished, watch your back Aria or you may just end up in the same place again. Kisses, A

"Ezra?" I called out from the sitting room.

"Yeah?" He called back from the kitchen.

"C-Can you come here a second please?" I asked nervously.

Ezra was in the room within a matter of seconds and he looked concerned. "Aria, what is it?" He asked sitting next to me and taking my hands into his.

"A sent me a message. Look," I said, handing Ezra my phone which displayed the text from A. I watched him closely through tearful eyes as he read the text. I watched his expression change from concerned, to fear.

"A is going to stop at nothing to hurt me and the baby and I'm scared, Ezra. You cant always protect me. Nobody can. And I don't know how much longer I can put up with this bull crap." I said almost bursting into tears.

"Aria," Ezra began looking up at me, "I will not let A hurt you. Ok? You're safe with me." He held me in a tight embrace as I laid my head against his chest. I listened to his heart beat as everything else fell silent. He was right, I definitely was safe with him.

"Now, let's forget about that. A wants you to be scared, so let's not give them the pleasure. Instead, I want you to go start packing your bag for our weekend away at the cabin. We have a lot to do before tomorrow when we leave!" Ezra said with excitement.

"You're right," I sighed getting up from the couch.

"I'm always right." Ezra said with a smirk. I gave him a little punch in the arm and laughed at him.

"You're such an idiot," I said.

"Maybe that's true, but I'm your idiot. And you love me really," He replied with a smile. I shook my head at his cliche comment and smiled back at him; scrunching my nose as I stared into his eyes.

I leaned in and kissed him, putting my arms round his neck whilst he pulled me closer to him. I felt electricity pulsate around my body as the kiss intensified.

"Ezra," I said with heavy breaths as I pulled away hesitantly, "I should go pack."

Ezra let out a groan. "OK but make sure you pack warm clothes because it can get super cold there," Ezra said still holding me by my waist.

"Gotcha," I replied making my way to our room.

I began packing for our weekend away. I packed a bunch of hoodies and sweats because Ezra always says that I look cute in them. Plus, they will definitely keep me warm. I also decided to pack my sexy lingerie and night gown because, lets face it, this is probably going to be one of our last weekends away for a while and I want to make some memories!

"Ezra?" I called out from the room.

"Yes babe?" He replied walking up to the room.

"I totally forgot that I actually need to stop by at my parents house at some point today to let them know what the plans are. I will also need to meet with the girls and let them know. Do you think you could drop me at Spencer's?" I asked.