Chapter Eleven

Ezra began the average kind of lesson, we exchanged looks a few times and he gave me a few "are you okay?" looks whenever I held my stomach in any kind of way.

He knew that morning sickness was common, and he also knew how bad I've been reacting to it lately so he was probably just worried about me.

Across the blackboard the words "Goodbye Mr Fitz" were written. I smiled because I knew it wasn't goodbye for me, and I would still see him every day of my life.

He opened a present from one of the students in the class and surprisingly it was the first book we ever read with Ezra "To Kill A Mockingbird." I could tell he loved it because he had a goofy smile written across his face. I loved him so god damn much when he did that.

"Thank you," he said with a small laugh, "I wasn't expecting this, to be honest, most of what's happened to me here I didn't expect. I didn't expect to have connected with you the way that I have. I never expected to feel this kind of loss over leaving you," he took a breath whilst I just stared at him waiting for him to continue.

"I'm not going to forget you. I will remember your voices, your questions, your faces." He gestured his hand towards me and I blushed as Spencer, Hanna and Emily turned around to look at me.

"I cherish the time that I've spent here and I'm more grateful than I even know how to say. There's a quote by Joseph Campbell it goes 'You must give up the life you'd planned to already have the life that's waiting for you.' I thought I knew what that meant, I didn't," he shook his head and looked at me for a second, "until I met you."

The bell then suddenly went off and I could do nothing but just sit there and take in all of them words. It was obvious that whole speech was directed towards me. "Are you coming?" Hanna asked standing over my desk. "Y-yeah. One second." I said getting up and putting my books in my bag.
Hanna and the other girls walked outside the classroom and told me they would wait for me outside.

"Well well well, Mr Fitz," I said walking up to him with a smile, "I liked the speech." I said placing my hand on his.
"I'm glad. You knew the whole thing was dedicated to you, right?" He asked looking into my eyes.

"Of course, I loved it. Thank you. I can't wait to be seen in public with you tonight..." I said smiling.

"I hope I didn't make it too obvious," Ezra replied with a laugh, " And I can't wait either. You better go though, your friends are waiting for you." He said nodding towards the door.

"I know..." I said slipping my hands away from his grasp, "Goodbye, Mr Fitz."

"Goodbye Aria; and mini Aria!" he said with a huge grin on his face. I couldn't help but smile as I walked out to find the girls waiting for me.

"Why are you so perky?" Emily asked.

"I'm just happy," I shrugged with a knowing smile, looking down at my stomach.

All the girls looked at each other in awe as we walked down the school halls side by side, marking the end of yet another school day.