CHAPTER 19: Magic

Hey guys sorry it's taken me so long but I finally updated the story!!

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

CHAPTER 19: Magic

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED TO KK

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

“Come on, it’s full moon.”  Zander said as he threw a pair of my grey furry boots at me.

            “Geese… I’m coming, I’m coming, where’s the fire anyway.”  I said the last part under my breath.

            “I’m about to light it under your ass if you keep taking forever.” He said, and I laughed, what a charmer.  As I slipped my right then left boot on I made my way down the stairs towards the garage.

            “So… where are we going?” I questioned, but he said nothing, just smiled as he threw me a backpack.  I shrugged and walked to his newest bike.  I sighed as I looked at it; work still needed to be done, a lot of work before he was ready for the contest next week.

            “My Queen, your chariot awaits.” Zander said from behind me.  I turned around and saw one of his more “experienced” bikes waiting for me, it was banged up and bruised, but absolutely beautiful considering all of the hell we had put it through.

            “You first, my King.”  I said with my best curtsey.  He laughed and walked over to me, taking me into his arms so that I was flush up against his chest.  I put my ear to his heart and listened to it’s beating.  It was the oldest rhythm time had imagined, it was the beat to a dance meant for those like us in this moment.

            “What is it?” He questioned.

            “Nothing, I could just listen to your heartbeat forever.” I smiled a little, realizing just how corny I must have sounded to him.

            “If I have any say in it, you can… and you will.”  He said and I was trapped in his gaze, which always kept happening recently.  I shook it, and backed away a little putting a little space between him and my runaway thoughts; I didn’t even want to contemplate what exactly he had meant by that.

            “Well, we’re burning moonlight.  We better get going, to wherever we’re going before there’s no light to guide us.”  I said and Zander just laughed a little.

            “Honey, I don’t need any light to get us where we’re going, I know this place like the back of my hand.”  I raised my eyebrow.

            “Really now, well show me the way Mr. Cocky.”  He turned and looked at me with the sexiest smirk I had ever seen when he jump-started the bike. 

            “Hop on.” He said as he revved the bike.  I hopped on without a second’s hesitation, trust will do that to you, and we flew into the night. 

            It only took me a moment before I figured out where we were going.  The familiar trail was second nature to me.  No wonder he had said he could find this place without any light, because so could I.  It was Zander’s parent’s cabin.  It bordered the lake on the far side, so it took longer to get to, but Zander knew every curve, every bend and every tree that lay ahead of us, and we seemed to flow through the trees like mist.  When we finally reached the cabin it was exactly as I had remembered it.  It lay like a silent guardian in the forest; it was just out of reach to the point that it blended in, that’s how Aunt Dena and Uncle Jack had designed it.  They wanted it to blend in rather than to stick out.  The entire exterior was made of native oak logs, on the font porch I could make out the swinging bench to the far right and the sign that had the Spencer’s name engraved delicately in cursive.  This place had always been my favorite.  Zander pulled the key out of his shirt pocket and unlocked the door.  I glanced back and watched the moonlight as it danced across the water.  I took my boots off, and left Zander there as I padded my way through the familiar trees to the dock.  The wood was cool under my toes and as I finally reached the end I sat at the edge and caressed the warmth of the summer water.