CHAPTER 11: Outside My Window

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

CHAPTER 11: OUTSIDE MY WINDOW

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED TO KK

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

I heard something outside my window.  

Was that scratching?  Nah... 

I hit the illuminate button on my watch and the time read 12:22 A.M.  I let out an involuntary groan and rolled back onto my side, pulling the covers over my head with my unwrapped arm.  It was probably just the wind.  

Just as I closed my eyes I heard the sound again.  I suddenly felt a presence in my room and when I opened my eyes I noticed the shadows that were cast against my wall from the moonlight.

A body, over my bed.

I was about to let out a scream when a strong hand clamped down across my mouth.  My first sleepy reaction was to bite and when I did the stranger let out a painful, but quiet laugh.

“Geese Rory, it’s me.”

I stopped my momentary flailing to focus on the person halfway on top of me.  I let out an indignant huff and pushed him, but he just laughed.

“Zander, you scared the crap out of me!”  I said in an angry whisper.

“I know, and it was pretty much the most hilarious thing I’ve ever seen…ever.”  He was laughing hysterically.

“Shhhhhh… what are you doing here?”  I said in my angry whisper yell.  

“The thought of going to sleep and waking up in an empty bed didn’t hold any appeal.  Plus I wanted to congratulate you.”

I tried to remain serious and angry at him, but it was no use.  How in the world could I stay angry at the only person who made me get butterflies with just a look in my direction.  

“Thank you, but if you ever scare me like that again I will get you back when you least expect it.”  I said settling back down into my extremely soft bed.  Thank you memory foam, greatest invention ever!

He just laughed and leaned forward to kiss my lips gently.  I melted beneath the assault of his soft lips.  I smiled as he pulled away and saw mischief gleaming in his eyes.  

“I’ll look forward to that… but we should go to sleep now, we’ve got school tomorrow.”

I nodded my head and he crawled under the sheets and comforter of my bed.  My Mom wouldn’t catch us because she would be going off to work at five in the morning.  I rested my head against his chest and fell asleep to the sound of his heart beating steadily.