CHAPTER 7: Tall Tales

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

CHAPTER 7: TALL TALES

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED TO KK

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

“When the hell did this happen?” Lainey questioned us with a grin, wiggling her eyebrows at me.  

I just rolled my eyes and looked over at Zander, I definitely didn’t want to explain this to his little sister, but there was no way around it.  We had been caught, and now we had to explain.

Zander got up off the floor and sat behind me so my back was leaning against his chest and he put his arms around me. 

Lainey let out a content sigh.

“God, I wondered when something would happen between you two.”

"You did!" I said, my voice raised slightly.  

Before Zander or Lainey could say anything about this new revelation, Katie came storming through the doorway with her fiancé Brandon in tow.  

“What in God’s name is going on in here... Why were you screami--”  

She said the last word slowly as she glanced at me and Zander, her eyes opening impossibly wider.  I sucked in a breath and glanced over my shoulder at Zander, he had a worried look on his face.  Brandon just started laughing.  

I looked at him accusingly, and he fell silent.  Brandon and Katie had been engaged for three months now.  They were perfect for one another in every way possible.  He was carefree and let things happen all on their own, very hippie in that aspect.  Katie however was a control freak, always worrying and always trying to maintain a situation.  They were so cute together.  

Katie had this speechless and confused look on her face.  She pointed from Zander then to me then back to Zander, unable to say anything.  Brandon just chuckled and grabbed her from behind.  

“It’s okay Babe, we all knew it would happen one day…” He said.

“Wait… what?” Zander and I said at the exact same time, causing me to glow bright red as a blush infused my cheeks.  Katie just rolled her eyes at us.

“Lainey, Brandon and I have been waiting for this to happen… for FOREVER!” Katie enunciated.  Zander and I sat there speechless.

“And what the hell happened to your arm.”  Asked Brandon.  

I grimiced a little.

“It’s a long story.”  I stated.     

“Well,” said Lainey, “tell us how this happened.”  She motioned to me and Zander 

Katie and Brandon settled on the bed as well as Zander recounted the story of our eventful night.

“Well… last night…”