6. Chelsea Hotel No. 2

Songlist: Falling Down - Felix Cartal - Chelsea Hotel No.2 - Lana del Rey cover. 🎶

October 27th 1968, New York City.  (1:45 a.m.)

Lana and Jaime escaped the party without saying goodbye to anyone. They took a cab even though there were hundreds of Limousines waiting on the streets, trying not to get any attention for tonight.

The singer had told Jaime it'd be best if they went to the hotel she was staying at since it was really close to the where the party was being held. Francesco had gotten another room at her Hotel by now, so they would have privacy in Lana's room.

It took them around fifteen minutes to get inside the Chelsea hotel. both girls kept quiet as they traveled through the elevator and then the corridor until they arrived to the presidential suite No.2

Lana opened the door with her key and both girls entered the room. She closed the door and locked it. Lana had a brief flashback of that night two summers ago, as she did the same, entering a room in the Chateau Marmont. Only this time, everything was different.

Lana turned around to look at an unease Jaime, who was pacing around the room. She finally stopped and turned to Lana with her face full of preoccupation.

''I need you to tell me... Why did you really broke up with me.'' she asked decidedly.

There was a deep silence in the room until Lana sighted.

''I told you the truth Jaime, Jim was threatening to hurt you, The only thing I could do was get you out of that fucking city of monsters

''I told you the truth Jaime, Jim was threatening to hurt you, The only thing I could do was get you out of that fucking city of monsters.'' Lana said explaining her reasons to the younger girl just like she'd done in that letter.

''But why in that way?! Why not just tell me the truth and look for another solution?!'' Jaime asked in desperation, moving her locks away from her face.

''I did what I had to do! Okay? You can't fuck with the head of one of the biggest mobs in L.A. and expect not to get something back. I was able to get a restriction order because of my past with Jim but, I was so scared of what could happen to you because I couldn't protect you! They would have easily killed you Jaime, don't you get that?!'' Lana said raising her voice.

''I know that now but... Why didn't you escape California and come with me to New York then? Even with that stupid restriction order you got, they could have done something to you too!''

''Jaime, back then I didn't have a dime. I couldn't come back to New York City because you know my future wasn't here and I would've just been a complete burden to you. It was a crazy idea.''

''A burden?! Do you really think I would have minded...? I was so in love with you Lana!'' Jaime shouted, almost to the verge of crying.

I was- The words pierced Lana's heart like a a hundred daggers, because looking at her doe brown eyes, Lana knew for sure now that she was still, very much in love with Jaime King. A single tear came out of Lana's eye and she wiped it off quickly, Embarrassed.