12. Scandal

Magic - POLO & Kamandi, God Knows I tried - Lana Del Rey, Shyer - London Grammar.🎶

December 23th 1968, New York.

Jaime woke up very early next to Collin that Wednesday morning as her alarm clock went off. It had been two days since she'd come back from Monaco, and Collin was obviously staying at her place.

''Do you want to get the paper? I'll make the coffee'' she said with a groggy voice as she stirred inside the blankets.

''Sure babe.'' Collin said kissing the tip of her nose and getting up from the bed to get the newspaper from the doorman.

Jaime got up as well after a minute and made her way to the kitchen to fix two cups of coffee. She poured the hot steaming liquid on both cups and set one them on the counter as Collin Returned with his eyes glued to the New York Times.

''Something interesting on the sixth page?'' She asked with a giggle looking at Collins stunned face.

Collin looked back at her with complete shock . ''Why don't you tell me, Jaime?'' He asked holding the newspaper up to his face for Jaime to see.

The brown eyed girl almost drops the cup of coffee she was holding in her hand when she saw the various pictures on the newspaper of her and Lana kissing in Monaco.

Her whole body went stiff and couldn't help but open her mouth in her complete surprise but words weren't coming out of her mouth. Just a million questions in her mind.

"Why the hell are there pictures of you and Lana Del Rey kissing in the new york times?! I thought you'd gone to Monaco for work!" Collin said angrily.

"I... I did! We went for a photoshoot of the January's issue cover, Lana is going to appear in the cover... we just...'' Jaime was mumbling words, scared something would slip out if her mouth.

''Jaime it says here she's having an affair with you! Is that true!?''

Time seemed to divide, because Jaime knew right away that this morning, could change the whole track of her life in a matter of hours.

That same Morning, Los Angeles.

Lana's House phone had been ringing non-stop since 7 a.m. But she hadn't answered a single time, trying to ignore the chaos her life had been since she woke up and saw photographs of her and Jaime kissing in the Newspaper.

Now she was in her living room, listening to Stella, her publicist and manager, rant about the whole mess she had created for herself.

''Lana I cant believe how reckless you've been! first you show up with your boyfriend in Montecarlo for the Harper's Bazaar photoshoot and the next day you're making out with the art director! who's actually a girl!? This is in the sixth page of both The New York Times and The LA times! I don't know Lana, I need to talk to the media, lie about it and make some arrangements or they will take you down." She said pacing around Lana's living room. "Interscope wants to delay the release for you album another 6 months to have less damage, or else the sales for ultraviolence will become really low! This could put your whole career on hold right now. You need to lie to the label.''  She said frenetically.

Lana was in a trance, staring through her window. Not being able to realize the gravity of the matter as it had all happened so quickly. The media was bombarding her in every single way about how she had been caught cheating on his boyfriend, with another girl.