17. Old Money

Songlist: Summertime Sadness - Lana del Rey, Old Money - Lana del Rey, .🎶

June 22nd 1969, Bethesda Grounds, NY.

Jaime and Lana had taken a shower together and gotten ready so the singer could go to the main stage time before her set.

She parted ways with Jaime for a bit and the younger girl stayed in the cabin, hanging out with Chuck for the meantime.

At eight pm of clock, Jaime, Chuck and the rest of Lana's friends went to the Main stage.
Everything happened quickly. Jaime had decided to stay sober for the night, whilst the rest of the crew drinked their bourbon and smoked like usual.

They all made their way to the main stage, and got accomodated in the vip area. The first row in the middle. That was were Jaime was standing. As soon as the lights went off, she felt electricity run through her body. Exciment and nervousness took over her when the loud yelling of the crowd rumbled through the arena.

A huge neon sign that read "Del Rey" lit up and then the rest of the lights in the stage. From the back, a beautiful figure approached the stage until the limelight was on her and everyone started yelling her name even louder.

The electric guitar sounded hard and Lana started singing her opening song, Cruel World. Jaime couldn't even contain her yelling and singing the song just like the rest of the crowd. Watching Lana singing live was always an otherwordly experience for her.

Lana sang other songs and Jaime knew the lyrics to all of them, specially when she sang "Summertime Sadness" and tears escaped her eyes like always. Too many memories flooded her mind and a mixture of euphoria and nostalgia was making Jaime feel lightweight when the song came to an end. After ten different songs of her set, The band remained still as Lana aproached the mic again.

"I wrote this last song not long ago, this is for my love..." Lana said while looking directly a Jaime, who she had spotted moments before in the crowd.

" Lana said while looking directly a Jaime, who she had spotted moments before in the crowd

She began singing angelically.
"Blue hydrangea, cold cash divine
Cashmere, cologne and white sunshine
Red racing cars, sunset and vine
The kids were young and pretty
Where have you been?
Where did you go?
Those summer nights seem long ago
And so is the girl you used to call
The queen of New York City..." Lana sang and Jaime felt a strong punch in her heart. She was completely hypnotized listening to the song's lyrics.

"But if you send for me, you know I'll come
And if you call for me, you know I'll run
I'll run to you, I'll run to you
I'll run, run, run
I'll come to you, I'll come to you
I'll come, come, come
Oh-oh oh, oh-oh oh

"But if you send for me, you know I'll comeAnd if you call for me, you know I'll runI'll run to you, I'll run to youI'll run, run, runI'll come to you, I'll come to youI'll come, come, comeOh-oh oh, oh-oh oh