13. All of our Nightcalls

ILYSB (Andrew Luce Remix) - LANY, Burning Desire - Lana del Rey, Nightcall - London Grammar.

January 8th 1969, Los Angeles.

Lana had barely been able to leave her house since the scandalous news a couple of weeks back. Paparazzi were stalking her outside her house all day, even a couple of helicopters had been roaming around her house on Malibu trying to get photographs of the singer. She felt paranoid, but most of all, lonely.

The only good thing Lana had going for her right now is that Chuck, her sister, had moved in with her right after the holidays. So she wasn't alone in the huge house anymore and had the constant support of someone she actually trusted.

Lana got up that morning and waited in her kitchen while her coffee machine brewed her a cup of her favorite blend. Chuck had left earlier that morning for a photoshoot in Calabasas, so Lana had to be by herself all day. She went to her kitchen counter and read a magazine that was just laying there. She spotted a picture of herself and stopped when she read the headline. ''Singer Lana del Rey caught cheating with another GIRL!''

Before she was too temped to read it, her house phone ranged and she closed the magazine before picking it up

''Hello?''

''Hey Lans it's Emile.''

''Hey Emile... I guess you saw the newspapers too huh?'' Lana said after a sight, glad it wasn't another journalist calling to her house.

''No, don't worry it's not in any of the UK papers, but Dan told me about it.''

Emile referred to Daniel Heath, one of Lana's composers and friend who was British but also lived in Los Angeles.

''So I guess he also told you that they will shelve my album for another 6 months.'' Lana said with no emotion coming out from her empty words.

''Yes he told me that too. But Lans, I don't want you to think about that for now. When your album comes out, it will touch so many hearts, No matter when it is. I know that for certain because you're one of the most amazing musicians alive."

''Thanks Emile, your words are really soothing to hear.'' The singer said sincerely.

''Yes, You know you can talk to me, I am your friend first, and your producer second, I just want to make sure you're okay with the whole Jaime thing...'' Emile said with a comforting voice.

Lana looked down and couldn't help the two tears that escaped her eyes.

''I don't know Emile, I really though the distance would've had helped me. But it just makes me want to take a plane and go to her right this instant.
I swear that if she'd sent for me, I would come. If she'd call for me, I would run to her. But she doesn't. And my heart keeps on waiting she'd realize I'm so in love with her that it hurts me not to have her by my side.'' Lana said, with the tears running down her face.