9. Monaco

Songlist: Bitch - Allie X, Cherry -Lana del Rey.🎶

December 16th 1968, Los Angelesó.

''You're going to be the photographer for my shoot?!''

Lana was in Francesco's house on the hills, sitting in the leather couch of his living room. She'd gone to tell him she was going to Monaco for the weekend to have a photoshoot for the January cover of Harper's Bazaar. What she didn't expect was Francesco telling her, he was coming too.

''That's right baby, isn't that great? Diana Vreeland was gonna offer the job to another moron photographer, but she told me that since she found out we were dating, it would be nice so we also took advantage of the little trip to Montecarlo.'' Francesco told Lana as he put his finished cigarette out. ''I guess she's not as bitchy as I thought.''

''She's not at all Francesco. I met her before and she's really nice. Diana's  just a visionary that's probably why she is tough on people she works with.'' Lana told him repeating the same words Jaime had told her.

''Wait where did you met Diana Vreeland? Is that why she offered you to be in the cover of Harper's Bazaar?''

Shit Lana thought.

''Uhm... Yeah we met in New York. That day I got mad at you, I went to have dinner with my friend Jaime and we ran into her on the restaurant.'' Lana lied.

''Who the hell is Jaime?'' Francesco asked with a confused face.

''Francesco, I introduced you two after my concert! You've also worked with her before at Harper's Bazaar remember?'' Lana reminded him annoyed.

''Oh right, I remember now, that chick with golden hair. Now I know who the creative director for the shoot will be, I couldn't place her. Anyways, I gotta start packing because our flight leaves tomorrow morning.'' Francesco said as he approached Lana and pecked her on the lips. ''Monaco here we come.'' He said excitedly as he left the living room and headed towards his room.

Lana threw her head back in frustration. Her plan was fucked. The only person she wanted to spend that weekend in Monaco with, was Jaime. But now Francesco would be there too and that complicated absolutely everything she intended to do.

Because Lana wasn't about to kid herself, she was dying to see Jaime again and repeat everything that happened last October with her in New York.

December 18th 1968, Montecarlo.

Lana and Francesco had arrived to the small country of Monaco last night after flying all day while Jaime and the rest of the crew had gotten the nigh flight and barely arrived this morning.
As soon as she got to the Hotel de Paris in downtown Montecarlo, were Lana's photoshoot was being held at, Jaime checked in and went to her room to freshen up and get ready to work.

She had been told by Diana she was going to be the creative director for this shoot a while back, but she hadn't talked to Lana ever since she last saw her in New York. Their only form of communication was that letter the singer had sent her on her birthday, alongside the hundreds of blue Hydrangeas.
So of course, Jaime had no idea of what her interactions would be like, but she had to stay focused that was for sure. Although how could she if she secretly missed her like crazy?

Jaime was unpacking when she heard a knocking on the door.

-knock, knock, knock-

''Coming!'' She said and approached the door. When she opened it, her heart made a turn in her chest looking at those familiar green eyes and smile. ''Lana!'' Was the only thing Jaime managed to pronounce out of her surprise.