19. American Eyes

Songlist: Without You - Lana del Rey, American Eyes - Promises Ltd., 🎶

July 7th 1969. LAX Airport, California.

It had been a long night for Jaime and Collin, who finally came to a conclusion after talking for almost four hours. Tears were spilled, things were yelled. But in the end it was like ripping a band-aid from an open wound when all of Jaime's feelings for Lana had finally surfaced in the discussion with her Fiancé.

Jaime had been sleepless but determined ever since. But now, she was on a plane to California, with two suitcases on her hands that contained her most precious belongings, and the music sheets for "Old Money" that had Lana's adress written on the back.

Jaime descended the airplane stairs and instantly felt the warmth of the west coast breeze hit her whole body. A familiarity instantly grew on her, as she remembered it two summers ago, California still felt the same.
After gathering her suitcases, she went outside the airport to get a cab before regretting anything.

A taxi finally took notice of Jaime and stopped before her. A nice old man got out and helped her get the suitcases in the trunk.

"Where to young lady?" He asked.

"Santa Monica. Please." Jaime said politely.

The man nodded and started driving through the coast highway. Jaime was fidgetting the whole ride. Overthinking a million things.

"Miss, are you alright?" The old man asked noticing her nervous behaviour.

"Yeah I am. Just a bit nervous, that's all." Jaime said stoping her fidgeting.

"How come? Are you going to meet a celebrity or somethin?" The taxi driver said giggling to lighten the mood.

"No, more like the love of my life." Jaime responded with a sight.

Santa Monica, California.

Lana was lounging in her beach house. She liked this house because she could be recludes from everyone else and be left alone. It was past noon, but she had been sleepless all night, most like the last few days after Woodstock.

She went her kitchen and fixed herself a strong cup of coffee. Then she started reading today's news. Nothing interesting. She was more distracted by the noise a helicopter that flied nearby was making.

Suddenly the noise intensified. It kept on sounding closer and closer. Lana left the paper on her kitchen table and approached her window to see the helicopter. The huge thing ascended, flying literally a meter away from Lana's house.

It's funny how Lana was neither scared or surprised that a helicopter with a paparazi guy filming her came out of nowhere

It's funny how Lana was neither scared or surprised that a helicopter with a paparazi guy filming her came out of nowhere. She ignored the huge machine and simply closed the curtains. Then she retreated to her bedroom, sick of being watched. Sick of being stalked. But also sick of wanting nothing to do with the outside world.

 But also sick of wanting nothing to do with the outside world

Ten minutes later, the sound of the helicopter had faded away. Lana thought the paparazi had left, and a sudden relief took over her, until there was a ring on her doorbell. She didn't got up to answer though, thinking it might be more paparazi. But the bell kept on ringing, even a few knocks on the door, that made Lana ran out of patience.

She got up and went to open the door angrily.
Behind it, a pair of brown doe eyes appeared, and Lana's heart gave a huge flip on her chest.

Jaime was standing outside with two suitcases to her side. Lana was still frozen, looking at Jaime and then to her suitcases, then back to her eyes in a second, making sense of what this meant.

Two seconds of looking at each others eyes completely and a shy smile from Jaime was all it took before both girls connected their mouths, not being able to hold it for another second to kiss each other.

Jaime held onto Lana's face and kissed her desperately, finally indulging into her lips without any guilt or complication anymore. She disconnected her lips still holding her and started rambling in desperation to let her know about her feelings as her eyes slowly filled with tears.

''I love you, I love you, I love you. I could never stop loving you. I fucking love you so hard it physically hurts me.'' Jaime told Lana with pleading eyes. "And I need you, Lana. I've needed you in my life since the day I laid my eyes on you."

Lana couldn't say anything but stare into the bambi eyes of the girl she loved, finally holding her, feeling how her heart was about to burst from the emotion she felt.

"You came back to me..." Lana simply said, finally taking all of this moment.

"I was not lying two years ago, when I told you I'm yours. I've always been all yours Lana. My heart can't settle for anyone else."

"What made you change your mind...? I thought I would never see you again. And it was killing me. But somehow I had a feeling I shouldn't try to let go of you so soon."

''Because I dreamt of you but woke up alone. That's how I got to know I wouldn't be able to live with the regret of knowing I could wake up next to you in the morning. Look into to your eyes, or seeing your smile. That would've drove me insane.''

Lana dried the tear of her face and pull in Jaime to continue kissing her madly. She closed the door behind them and dragged her to her bedroom. They never disconnected their lips. They just fell on top of each other in the bed of satin linen, and made love like many times before.

Only this time, they finally belonged to each other again.

Guys two more to go. Please comment how did you find this novel or any my stories. Was it through wattpad, tumblr, twitter or other? I love u thanks for voting on the chapters.

XX

Soho Gal