20. Honeymoon

Songlist: Honeymoon, Lust for life - Lana del Rey. 🎶

July 8th. 1969  Malibu, California.

''And so, I wake up in the arms of my lover. The arms of my soul. I take a breath, I smell her scent and it fills me with a joy that is incomparable to anything I've felt before.

For a second, I remember I now have anything I need in my world. I am absolutely complete.
I caress her soft skin that is pale and has birthmarks like constellations, and she wakes up next to me. She smiles at the sight of me, and I
Can't help the smile that takes over me as well. I lean in and kiss her without saying anything. I want to give her all the love and care I can.''

''Good Morning

''Good Morning...'' Jaime said softly as Lana fixated her eyes on the younger girl. They remained silent for a minute, just staring at each other.

''You know what's my favorite thing in the world?'' Lana asked her.

''What is?" Jaime asked softly.

''They way you look at me. The way you've always looked at me. Like there's no one else in the room. Like it's only you and me.''

Jaime smiled wholeheartedly. ''Why would I look at anyone else in the room with you in there?'' Jaime simply answered.

Lana smiled and planted a kiss on Jaime's lips.

"You know... I would marry you if I could." Jaime said seriously.

Lana gave her another wholehearted smile.

"I know." She leaned in and kissed Jaime again. Her face was warm. She hugged Jaime by the waist and rested her head on the crook of Jaime's neck.

"And I know we can't get married cause we're two girls. But that doesn't mean we can't have our own honeymoon..."

Jaime smiled at Lana. "You're right. So what do you wanna do for our Honeymoon, wifey?"

''We could cruise to the blues... Wilshire Boulevard if we choose, or whatever you want to do. We make the rules.'' Lana stroking Jaime's cheek.

Jaime simply giggled before connecting her lips with Lana's.

''Let's do it. I want to see all your favorite spots in Los Angeles. Take me where you go to escape. Where you feel free and nobody knows your name.''

Lana giggled. ''I love you so much.... come here.'' She said kissing Jaime one more time. Except this time they carried on and made out for a while until they got out of bed.

After breakfast, both girls took Lana's red Jaguar and took a long drive through the coast, listening to loud music and feeling the sea breeze until the arrived at Melrose Place in Downtown L.A.

They parked the car and got out to head to the Pizza place they used to frequent three years ago when Jaime was working in L.A. and Lana would pick her up from the office to have Lunch with her. They ate their pizzas, talk and laughed for almost two hours.

A teenage girl had approached Lana and asked her for an autograph after they were done eating, and after thanking her and saying how much she liked her music, she turned to Jaime and said ''You make such a beautiful couple.'' which made the brown-eyed heart's swell.

''You're the nicest person I know. How many celebrities would've denied that nice girl for an autograph while they're having lunch?''

''I believe in Karma. I bet that giving that girl my autograph made her happy. And right now I am the happiest person on earth because you're with me. That probably came from something good I did in the past, don't you think?''

''I think you have a beautiful soul. And you deserve everything good in this life.'' Jaime said putting her hand over Lana's. ''I've told you before.''

''I need you with me to remind me of that.'' Lana said smiling while rubbing her thumb on Jaime's hand. ''Let's get the check, I want to show you something before we go back to Malibu.''

Lana drove Jaime all over downtown into the hills, where they saw the beautiful landscape and parked right on the most beautiful place to hike in all L.A.

''You're taking me hiking just after we had three slices of pizza.'' Jaime said.

Lana laughed. ''Stop complaining, it will help with digestion.'' Lana said as she held Jaime's hand and continued walking up the hill.

After twenty or so minutes of walking, the Hollywood sign appeared just below them. And Jaime got super excited as she had never been up here before.

''Oh my god you should've told me we were coming here! I had no idea.'' Jaime said euphorically.

''Just a little surprise. I wanted to be the one who showed you a beautiful sunset now.'' Lana said smiling and pecked Jaime on the lips. ''Come on, there's no one watching, let's climb up the H !''

''Are you sure no one will see us?'' Jaime asked.

''I promise. The world is ours.'' Lana said and that's all Jaime needed. She followed her to the metal stair and both girls climbed up the H of the Hollywood sign. They sat right on the top and held onto each other, observing the beautiful sky painting it's red, violet and orange colors, until the sky got dark blue and the stars and the moon shine their light on them and the whole city of Los Angeles.

"You know... We weren't each other's first love. But I don't think I've ever loved anyone like I love you." Lana said whispering the younger girl's ear, making her whole skin get goosebumps.

"You're wrong about something though," Jaime said looking back to Lana.

"You were my first Love.'' Jaime said. ''Before you, I thought I knew what being in love felt like, but it was nothing close to it. I only 'cared' about my previous ex-boyfriend, and thought he had broken my heart when he broke up with me. But then I met you... You completely shifted my world. Turned it upside down. And when we broke up. It's like you took half of my heart with you...'' Jaime said stroking Lana's cheek. ''I'm so sorry for coming back to you after all this time...''

''Late is better than never.'' Lana said with a smile. Both girls leaned in and started kissing passionately, with so much love the stars wanted to come down the sky just to watch them.

and they made love, under the pale moonlight.

I know, I know, it took me forever to update this chapter. But I came back to nyc and my life's been crazy like it always is. I am still debating if this Novel needs an epilogue after this chapter. But I just want to thank the readers that remained patient while I published all the chapters and most of all for your votes and comments. They're everything, and I am so so happy you read this from Summertime Sadness to this sequel. Of course, this love story deserved a happy ending after all those tragic events. I hope you got to see Lana at her LA to the Moon tour! I saw her in Boston, where I first met her 4 years ago and I swear it changed my life.

I love you all, have the most amazing week ♥︎
And don't forget to read my other two novels; Fire and Angels, I swear you'll love em.

XX

Soho Gal.