Chapter 1: So Much For Maintaining My Composure

Updates will be at-least least once a week. The amount of updates will all depend on how much time I have to write.

"Sam, I'm serious! This isn't safe! You really shouldn't be doing this" Tessa warned, posture tense. Nails bitten.

Rolling my eyes carelessly, I chose to stay quite. After all, my breath was far to precious to waste on this subject.

Instead, I continued to knot my thick hair into a tight bun, whilst reaching for the soft fabric, placed on the wooden table. With a steady hand, I overlapped the dark material over my face, the texture caressing my skin. I was carful to leave an aperture for my mouth and eyes.

"Sam! Aren't you listening to me?!" Tessa demanded, slamming her hands against the table, in an almost intimidating gesture. The slapping sound echoed throughout the room, and I fought the urge to cover my ears. I grimaced.

I turned to her with narrowed eyes, glowering at her. "I'm not taking your words to any consideration, if that's what you mean." I said smoothly.

Tessa scoffed, a scowl surfacing her lips. Rather then focusing on her childish action, I concentrated my attention on the tape, I was now wrapping around my breasts, in attempts at flattening them.

Tessa merely sat silently, shaking her head in disbelief. Her eyes fixated on her red polished nails, leg slung carelessly over the other thigh. I had to admit, Tessa was stunning. She inherited beauty, whilst I inherited brains.

Although there once was a time I would use my knowledge to superior use. I simply no longer had any regard for it now. Damon had made sure of that.

"They're going to find out that you're a girl" she informed me arrogantly, crossing her arms over her chest. "If you are waiting for me to care, I hope you brought something to eat because it's going to be a long time. Although, I'm finding it quite offensive of your lacking of trust in me" I said, annoyance lacing my voice.

"How can I have any trust in you, when the only thing you are capable of is screwing up, sister" she said bitterly, looking away, as if the sight of me sickened her. Bitch.

" Everyone's entitled to act stupid once in awhile, but you really abuse the privilege. I have you know, I'm the one witch got us through the shit you screwed up." I stated hands clenching and un-clenching.

My words left her silent, eyes staring intently down at her interwind fingers. "I'd slap you, but I don't want to get slut on my hand." she finally spoke, just as the bell rang, announcing the beginning of another match.

My match.

"And lastly, let's welcome last years champion! RAZOR!" A voice boomed and my ears perked up, my neck stretching in yearning. I could narrowly see him behind the wedge of the blinds, standing on the stage, hands clutching a small microphone. The crowd cheered excitingly, there screams reverberating throughout the arena.

"Why not? You already have it all over your outfit. " I said before holding my head high and turning my back to her. Huffing in announce, I placed my hoodie over my head, and turning my back to her suddenly.

Walking up the steps to the arena, there screams grew piercing by my appearance. But my attention was focused ells where, my eyes fixated on my competition

He was tall, his chest defined and muscular, whilst an arrogant smirk plastered to his perfectly sculptured face. That had made me just as determined to beet him. I despised egotistic morons, which thought they stood a remote chance in beating me.

"You know the rules" the referee spoke, staring at both of us with sharp looks. We both simply nodded, eyes trained on each other. His posture was relaxed, confidence radiating off of him and I couldn't help but feel slightly anxious by this. It was clear, he knew what he was doing.

I'm not a proctologist, but I know an asshole when I see one. And This asshole was going down!

"3"

"2"

"1"

My hand retracted, fists clenching as I aimed for his jaw. He easily dodged.

And that was the beginning, of my first ever loss.

And one of his many victories.

***

"You lost?!" Tessa exclaimed, not believing her own words. Looking out of the cars window, I stayed silent. I was completely humiliated and ashamed.

"I can't believe this" she muttered softly beneath her breath, fingers lacing around the steering wheel tightly. I was at loss for words, which was strange, considering I almost always had something to say. (Normally sarcastic.)

Stepping out of the car, I walked soundlessly towards the ice-cream store, which Tessa had parked in front of. Eyes trained on the floor, my ears perked at the ringing, which announced my appearance.

As I was about to take another step, my head connected with a hard, muscular surface. A chest. I winced at the abrupt force. "What the fuck" I hissed, just as his husky voice spoke "watch were your going!" I was instantly infuriated by his tormenting words, that I was just about to through a punch at his face. Though my hands were stained with purple bruises by my resent match, preventing me from risking more injury.

So instead I kept my head down, not before sniffing his delicious cologne as I passed him. It was amazing. Almost addictive, it was hard for me not to turn around and drag another whiff.

Tessa suddenly ran to my side, clutching onto my arm tightly. "Tessa what-" I stopped instantly, my eyes connected with Tessa's watery ones. "What happened?" I questioned softly, my voice almost shaky but I forced myself to maintain my composure. Tessa shook her head, her bottom lip slightly trembling.

"T-They're back, Sam." Tessa stuttered, pulling me eagerly towards the exit. "Who-" "-We have to leave. Now!" She interrupted me, eyes glancing around cautiously. She was scared, and coming to the realization scared me further.
An un-composed Tessa was very rare.

That's when I knew something was wrong. Very wrong indeed.

"Leaving so soon?" a deep husky voice spoke from behind me, and I could narrowly hear Tessa's small gasp, her shaky hands tightening around my arm. Turning around slowly, I met Luke's narrowed eyes, and smirking lips but my eyes were focused on something ells. Or someone ells.

"It's been a while, Sam" The guy besides Luke spoke and I took an abrupt step back, falling into Tessa's arms.

"J-Jay?"

So much for maintaining my composure.

***

Vote, Comment & Share!

--Jaz