Chapter 14- I Hate Hospitables

2 years ago...

*Samantha's POV*

(Please listen to the music on the side, whilst reading; for extra effect)

"Jayden!"

A scream echoed throughout the area, and it took me seconds, before I realised that it was coming from my own lips.

I quickly interwind my fingers over my mouth, in attempts to suppress the scream; witch itched to be freed. Biting on my lip hard; I could taste the pulsing blood against my tongue.

Tears brimmed at the corners of my eyes, but I forced myself to be strong. At least, I could only hope I created such facade. Because it seemed I was far from maintaining a strong figure.

My legs burned, as I ran further and further through the hospitable; to what seemed to be endless hallways.

"Daddy!" I screamed again, desperate to see there faces. Just one glance. And knowing that they were fine, was all I wanted.

They're fine. They have to be.

Many people which sat soundlessly in the waiting rooms, as well as the staff; turned there attention to me. There eyes were soft, as if they had pity me. But I didn't want there pity.

I wanted my best friend back. I wanted my Dad back. But it seemed that the world was against me, and the most cherished things were yet to be taken.

I wanted my Dad. I wanted Jayden. Goddamn it, I wanted my life back! I wanted to be happy. I thought he could make me happy. Damon. I knew now, that that was something he was incapable of.

"I-I want my life back" I sobbed my thoughts, whilst tiring through the corridors like a maniac.

And then suddenly my eyes locked onto a see through glass window, and I had a strong desire were it was possible to rid the scene held before me. That I could un-see the things, I was now unable to blur from my mind. 

My feet weighed me down with each step and with each step, I felt as if I was about to fall apart. With each passing step, I was slowly becoming closer to breaking my sanity.

And the pieces I was about to fall into, could never be placed together the way it had been before.

Because through that window, I watched a blanket being placed atop of my fathers pale body.

Through that window, I witnessed the nurses turn of the life support.

Through that window, I saw the solemn looks across the doctors faces, as well as my Mother and Layla's shaking bodies, as they clutched onto each other.

Suddenly Layla raised her face from her mother's shoulder and turned her lifeless gaze onto me. And just by the look in her eyes, I knew. Like a slap on the face, it hit me hard and I knew. I knew.

Because through that window, I watched my own father die.

I watched as his life slowly slipped from him.
I watched as his last breath passed from his lips.
I watched as the continues heartbeats on the mission, turned to a stop.