Chapter 10- Something That Could Get Me Into Trouble

My eyes fluttered opened, at the feel of a warm breath; tickling the back of my neck.

a muscular arm slung carelessly over waist, as my legs tangled with another; his form in-golfing mine.

"Jay" I murmurer softly under my breath, as his head dipped into my neck.

Last night, Jay had fallen to the floor; and my efforts in pulling an unconscious Jay into my bedroom and onto my bed, was the most straining and time consuming thing I had ever done. Cleansing his cuts, and his bloody skin; it took my ours to completely bandage him up.

And as Jay had told me, It was Damon, which beat him up. For betraying him?  I was yet to discover, what he had done; to deserve such crucial punishments. 

He merely hummed in response, hugging me tighter to his chest.

"Jay" I said, this time louder.

groaning, Jay took his arms off of me, rolling onto his back. "I was comfortable" he pouted, turning his head to face mine. Rolling my eyes playfully, I stood up from the bed.

"You can't do that" I said, giving him a sharp look. he looked at me in confusion, and slight annoyance.

"What did I do now?" he questioned playfully, a crooked smile playing at his face.

Sighing, I ran my hand through my hair. "You can't just-" "Hug you? But I always used to hug you" he retorted, folding his arms over his chest in protest. I shook my head at him. "It's not that. I just- That's things couples do" I said, remembering the way he snuggled into me. The way he pressed his face into my neck. It was all so overwhelming, so many feelings washing over me. But I couldn't seem to shake the feeling of how wrong it felt.

It didn't feel right.

"It's been two years, Sammy. It's time to get over Damon" Jay said, pushing himself up into a sitting position. He winced, since his injuries were still healing, but made no move to stand up.

I froze at Jay's words. "I-I" I stuttered, realizing how right he was, yet I couldn't seem to form a sentence. Jay merely smiled sadly at me, taking a hold of my hand to comfort me.

"I just wish he cheated- anything- but what he did to me. Anything would be better then what he did to me" I said, my eyes turning to the floor. Jay stayed quite at this, looking away.

"Anyways, I'm going to get ready for school" I said, refusing to let Damon ruin my mood.

Just as I was about to walk away, Jay took a hold of my hand again, stopping me in my steps. "I'll come" He said, whilst flinching as he tried to get up. Shaking my head, I gently lade him back down.

"No. Tomorrow you can" I said, eyeing the cuts, still healing on him.

"But I need to protect you. What if something happens?" He questions, pouting slightly. He was adorable.

"You'll be no help, if you're not completely healed. If anything, you'll make it harder for me" I said. He seemed to nod at my words, but didn't let go. "Then stay home with me" He pleaded. I shook my head, smirking. If he wouldn't listen to me, I guess I'd have to take it to the next level. 

"Jay, It looked like someone set you on fire and put it out with a hammer. Do you really want to be seen in front of everyone, like that?"  I questioned, smirking. He narrowed his eyes at me playfully, folding his arms over his chest. "Low blow, Samantha. Low blow"  He huffed.

"But it worked" I chirped. This was returned, with a glare from him. 

Snatching at the glasses, at my bedside-table. This seemed to grab at Jay's attention.

"You don't wear glasses" He stated matter of fact, looking confused, as well as slightly amused.

I frowned, glaring at him playfully. "You're the one which decided for me to have a disguise." I said, folding my arms over my chest.

His face washed over with realization, and he boomed with laughter. "But a nerd? Really? You're polar opposites. Now this is something I have to see." He chuckled, the room booming with his laughter.

Glaring at him, I slammed the door behind me.

Asshole.

***

Walking into the empty hallway, I had realized that the bell had rung half an hour earlier.

Damn it.

Normally, I couldn't care less, but being late ruined the whole bad girl facade.

As I rushed through the school's hallway, I tripped over something unknown, my books and papers flying everywhere. cursing beneath my breath, I bent down to pick up the papers.

And as I stood up, about to turn the corner, to my class; a muffle of voices stopped me in my tracks.

"I'm not going to help you find her" a husky voice spoke determinedly.

Colton.

It was silent, before Colton spoke again. "You want her? Why can't you get her yourself, instead of forcing people to do your dirty work for you?!" Colton demanded, anger lacing his vioce. It was only now that I realized that he was speaking on the phone.

"I'm not doing it. So fuck off, Damon" He said, obviously hanging up the phone, by the lack of response. But I couldn't seem to stop the gasp to escape my mouth, by Damon's name. Yet it could be any Damon. I didn't know for sure.

Suddenly making a run for it, down the hall; I refused to be caught listening in. Who knows what Colton would do to me.

Little had I realized, the necklace from the box, had fallen from my neck. And now was displayed in the middle of the floor.

It was only seconds before Colton appeared, looking around for the person listening in (,me). But to no valid.

I must have made much more noise then intended.

Instead he picked up my necklace, a look of determination playing across his face.

I couldn't help but gulp; behind the wall, I was now hiding at.

It was only a matter of time before Colton realized who the necklace belonged to, and when that time comes, I was sure that hell was about to break loose.

and there was nothing I could do, to stop it.

***

A.N

Vote, Comment & Shard