Chapter 21

*Lily Pov*

"How am I looking?" I asked, twirling before them while they just stared at me.

"Why is no one saying anything?" I asked them frowning.

"Let them adjust to all this, Lily. They are not used to see you in dresses other than crazy tops and shorts. They didn't get a chance to glance at your gown too that day." Kevin replied chuckling and walked near to me.

"Fine! I am leaving." I mumbled glaring at the twenty people before me and walked away.

"I will drop you." Kevin said following.

"But why? I am not a kid." I mumbled and cringed at the words.

"Today is your first day. You didn't want Victor to come so I am your substitute." He said, shrugging and I sighed nodding before walking towards his jeep.

"Kevin! Sir wants some groceries, but want to buy them himself. He is asking for you to take him as I forgot where they will sell all the needed things." Dan said rushing near to us while I glared at him.

"But I am dropping her." Kevin said gesturing me while Dan scratched his head.

"Fine! Ask him to come." He added while I turned my glare towards Kevin.

"Thank you!" Dan said smiling and then turned towards me with a frown.

I sighed and walked near to him before hugging him. I moved back saying, "There is still time, Dan. You need not do all this. You will be like my brother."

"No!" he immediately mumbled and walked away only to bump into Andrew who is walking near to us.

"Shall we go?" Kevin asked when we all stood in silence.

"Sure!" I mumbled and sat in the passenger seat while Andrew sat at the back.

"You know he will not listen, right? Why do you try everyday?" Kevin asked when I stayed silent.

"But I didn't bring him here from orphanage to work, Kevin. You know he is not normal and needs care, but not pressure. You know how scared I was when he came along with us to the mission hiding himself at the back of the helicopter." I replied rubbing my face.

"He will be fine. Did you see his size? He can take down anyone and you should have already got first hand experience with that bruise on your face." Kevin joked while I hit his shoulder.

"You know here mind work is more important than body strength." I mumbled and glanced out.

"What is wrong with Dan? He seemed fine to me." We heard Andrew's voice.

"He is weak mentally with a little disease and easily gets scared, but easily gets adamant to something to go as he wish it to. Like he wish to work in military." Kevin explained, but I stilled as I completely forgot he is actually here.

"This is your stop." He said after a few minutes, stopping near the college.

"Be a good girl and study well. And mainly stay away from the boys." Kevin said with a serious expression, but the twinkle is there in his eyes.

I shook my head and walked away with a heavy feeling inside. It doesn't feel like I spent all these days with Andrew at all. My feelings are not that strong towards him like they were in the forest. Now, it is just like before.

Is three weeks enough for all these changes? I thought, frowning and walked away shaking my head again.

"So, how was your first day?" I groaned hearing it for the tenth time from the moment I walked back into the base camp.