Chapter 8

Chris p.o.v

I couldn't sleep at all last night. I was tossing and turning thinking about Kehlani, if she is okay. I can't lose her she brings the best in me.

It's only 5:40 in the morning as I look at the time on my phone. I decide to get out of bed and pack Kehlani a change of clothes.

I open her chest of drawers and I pick black underwear for her and I pick her black vest and her grey sweat pants and an Adidas hoodie.

After packing her clothes in the overnight bag. I quickly go cleanse myself. I put on my plain white T-shirt and my black sweat pants, with my black Vans Syndicates.

I look at my phone again and I see a text from Tyga.

My niggah I'm glad you and Lani made it last night. Sure felt good to see y'all. Deuces

I reply saying it was nice seeing the gang too. After that I go to the kitchen to get me some breakfast. I make a bowl of Cheerios and some Orange juice.

I sit in the living room, eating and watching a bit of Regular Show. I ain't even concentrating Kehlani's scream and seeing her cry like that replays in my mind.
I am more pissed off with Jay.

After snapping out of my trance it's 07:30. I go put the dishes in the zinc and I quickly clean so that Lani can come back to a spotless apartment.

After that I grab the overnight bag from the bed and I go to the car. I hop in and start driving. I start singing a random song.

I arrive at the hospital and before I get out the car I wipe the tears on my cheeks. I grab a hoodie from my trunk.walk to the front desk and I ask the receptionist which room is Kehlani in. She tells me she is in room 37 second floor.

I get there and Kehlani is hooked up in pipes and ish. She seems like she is sleeping.
I sit on the chair next to her bed. I hold her hand and I start crying.

" Kehlani please don't leave me. I know I haven't been the best boyfriend the past couple of weeks but I can't lose you. You give me purpose, you are the reason I wanna wake up in the morning shawty. You are my ride and die" I say crying my eyes out.

"Chris?" Kehlani says in a whisper. " Yes shawty it's me" I say standing up to kiss her forehead. I quickly wipe my tears after kissing her forehead. "Were you crying?" she asks as she tries sitting up. "No, I had something in my eye" I say to her and I wink at her.

Kehlani p.o.v

I really don't remember what happened after Jay trying to rape me and Chris hitting him with the baseball bat.

I wake up and my sister, Lucy is sitting on a chair. In what seems like a hospital. I only have drip in my hand and some thingie on my thumb.

"Morning sleeping beauty"Lucy says with a warm smile on her face. "Hey, how long have I been here, what year is it?" I say joking around as I sit up. "Relax you weren't  in a coma, you slept over one night" she says laughing at me.

" Your doctor said that you will be discharged at 16:30 today and Chris is gonna come and fetch you" she says sipping her coffee.

" Oh well I am happy, I am still alive to see my beautiful sister" I say to her. "Let me go get you breakfast and tell me what happened that's if you want to" She says standing up with her purse in her hand.

"Uhm.. Sure I will tell you what I remember, please hurry with the food. A toasted cheese sandwich would be nice and some Mango juice and a packet of Skittles please" I say in the most cutest voice I can and frown cutely.

" Wow okay Queen Elizabeth" she says rolling her eyes. "Thank you" I say and she leaves. I am so hungry I could eat a horse.

After a while my wonderful sister comes with what I asked actually double. I forget that we like the same things sometimes and that's because we are so close. She gives me my order and she plops on the chair.

"Thank you remind me to give you a huge tip when I get out of here" I say as I grab my toasted cheese sandwich. "I will hold that against you, 'your Majesty'" she says making air quotations while saying your Majesty.

After we eating and goofing around. She has to leave and go fetch Sade from Daycare.
"Bye Lani" she says as she kisses my forehead. "Call me when you get home okay?" She says. "I will thank you so much" I say. "Thank Chris your Knight in shining armor" she says as she makes her way out the door.

Later

I take a nap and I hear someone come in. My heart beats faster from fear.

The person sits on the chair and grabs my hand gently and I quickly recognize the texture of the hand holding mine, it's Chris.

He says something about not wanting to lose me, I give him purpose and I am the reason he wakes up in the morning.
I get goosebumps when I hear him cry after the little speech.

I open up my eyes."Chris?" I say in a whisper. "Yeah it's me shawty" he says as he kisses my forehead and quickly wipes his tears. "Were you crying?" I ask even though I know he was  gonna deny it. "No, I had something in my eye" he says winking and I laugh.

We talk about random stuff for a while and before we know it. It was 16:30 I was being discharged. "Uhm did you bring me a change of clothes?" I ask him and he nods placing the overnight bag on the bed. "Thank you Chris, for everything." I say as I change into my regular clothes.

After changing the doctor comes in with the discharge papers and gives me a few painkillers and some antibiotics. We finally get out the hospital and I hop in the passenger seat in Chris's car.

I stare out the window thinking about what happened last night. The look in Jay's eyes when he tried pulling my jeans off.

I know Chris ain't a saint but what Jay did was cruel. I should have never gotten close to him. He's a monster and I never wanna see him again.

Warm tears trickle down my face and I wipe them before Chris can notice but he seems to be in his own trance.

I switch on the radio and my favorite Majid Jordan song is playing, Day and night. I listen to the lyrics trying my outmost best not to sing along.

We finally arrive at the apartment. As soon as we reach the door, pictures of Jay trying to get in my pants  replay in my mind and I breakdown.

Chris catches me before I reach the ground. "It's alright Kehlani, he ain't gonna try hurting you I promise" he says with concern and assuring me he ain't gonna hurt me.

"If he does I will kill him" he says pulling me close to his chest. I ain't that worried about Jay I am worried that Chris might take this a bit too far