Chapter 12

Chris p.o.v

"What the fuck do you want?" I say already pink from anger. "I came to take what's mine, do you have a problem with that?" He says with a smirk on his stupid face.

I lost control of my own body, my fists aim for his face and he stumbles back a bit. I punch him in the stomach and he falls on the ground.
I get on top of him and I punch him not caring if he is bleeding or not.

I stand up to kick him in the stomach. I spit on him, breathing heavily. "Yeah I got a problem with it.. Now leave us the fuck alone Jay or I swear I will kill you!" I say slamming the door and locking it.

I stand at the door and I take a deep breathe. I can't deal with this anymore. I don't like fighting with someone I took as family.

Jay is like the Joker and I am Batman. Whenever I think I have finally defeated him he will always appear at a point of vulnerability.

The rest of the day, I decided to stay in and watch tv. I kept myself distracted by washing the dishes in the kitchen.

It took a while but I was relaxed and calm. It's odd I know, but washing dishes makes me very calm since I get to think about stuff that has been happening.

I was thinking about my mother. She was killed in front of me when I was 10 years old.

She was stabbed to death by my father, he said she was being unfaithful and disrespectful. My dad used to hit my mom every single day.

The day she was killed seems like yesterday.

[Flashback]

My father walked in the house drunk with a knife in his hand. I was in the kitchen doing my homework. Ma just finished washing the dishes and she was singing her favourite Lionel Richie song.

"You bitch!" My father spat out. "What did I do now James?" My mom asked. "Well.. You have been going around sleeping with all the men in our block! I am going to kill you!" He said walking closer to Ma.

"Pops stop it you are gonna hurt her!" I screamed with tears in my eyes.
"Shut the fuck up you little bastard!" He said as he grabbed Ma by the neck.

"Baby... Go to your bedroom!...Do it for Ma.. I love you Chris" Ma said crying her eyes out and I was also crying