So It Begins

"You guys ready for tonight?" Lewis began. They were sitting in their own little booth at the Juicenet Cafe quietly discussing the plan for the night.

Rikki gave Lewis an exasperated look. "We're fine. Quit your fussing already. You do this every full moon; it's getting annoying."

"She does have a point Lewis," Emma stated matter-of-factly, "We are going to have to learn to deal with it on our own."

Lewis leaned across the table, lowering his voice, "Look guys I know, but with your new powers still going all wonky-"

"We get it Lewis," Rikki interrupted, "Your worried. But we've got this, alright?"

With that, the girls stood up and left the booth, saying their goodbyes. It was just Cleo and Lewis at the table now, with their half-melted smoothies sitting between them. Cleo reached over and took Lewis' hand.

"I understand where you're coming from, but you won't always be there no matter how hard you try. We have to learn to deal with this. On our own." She gave Lewis a weak smile, and kissed him lightly on the cheek. 

"I'll see you tomorrow!"

Lewis couldn't help but smile at his girlfriend. He sighed in defeat, knowing that he wouldn't be allowed to help that night, and made his way down to the pier. Maybe some fishing would help with his worry. 

Still, he had this gut feeling that something was going to go horribly wrong that night.