Don Ma Man!

This chapter is dedicated to my BFF BruhItsJessicaC who is a great person and friend. Onwards peasants!

Don ran his hands through his hair, his face scrunched with worry as he paced in the hallway. He was right in front of the door in case the police had any more leads.

Out of his two daughters, he had always considered Cleo as the more sensitive and Kim the one with more backbone. He was anxious about how this...incident...might affect Cleo emotionally.

He was facing the door. The wall. The door. The wall. Pacing. The door again. However, just as he was about to turn away, Don saw the doorknob turn, and a familiar face peek in.

"Cleo!" he shouted, engulfing his daughter with his massive arms, strong from many days of fishing.

Cleo stood stock still, not hugging back, but still slightly leaning into her dads embrace. She knew that she would have to leave again soon, and that this might well be one of the last times she ever saw her dad, and she was determined to try and make the break as clean as possible, for both of them.

To her surprise, Kim bounded down the stairs at Dons yell, screaming, "Cleo!"

She joined in the hug, and the three of the them stayed that way for a little while. Eventually, Don ended it, and Cleo knew that the yelling would begin soon.

"Kim, love, why don't you go up to your room. I have to talk to Cleo about where she's been." He said this last part with a side glance at Cleo.

Once Kim was safely upstairs, he motioned for Cleo to sit at the table, while he sat across from her. Don neatly folded his hands and asked,

"Where were you?"

Cleo looked him right in the eye. "Nowhere."

Her dad sighed. "Cleo, I'm going to ask again; where were you?"

"I told you, nowhere."

"People don't disappear for three days to 'nowhere'."

Cleo didn't answer him. She looked down, suddenly interested in the tablecloth.

"Cleo, you have to understand why I'm worried." He said gently, wiping away a single tear on Cleo's cheek. "My daughter went missing for three days, and when she returns, she won't tell me where she's been."

Tears were flowing freely down Cleo's face now. "I can't tell you."

She stood up and climbed the stairs to her room, leaving Don speechless.

Right. I know this is short, but I wanted Don D. Duck to have his own chapter. Anyways, please comment below if you have anything to say, or even if you just wanted to promote your own story. I'm totally cool with that.