We Are Family

We are family! I got all my sisters with me! Sorry, but that song is just so catchy. Up above if you want to listen, but if you're like me, just ignore it and read. Please give me constructive criticism. This is kind of my first real story.

Rikki walked up the path to her trailer, her lips slightly swollen, and her cheeks a hectic red. She stopped in front of her door, hesitating.

She squeezed her eyes shut tight, took a deep breath, and opened the door.

Meanwhile, Emma quietly eased open her front door. She heard hushed voices coming from the kitchen, no doubt her parents. Elliot was sitting dejectedly on the sofa, his eyes slightly red and swollen.

Emma gathered her courage, "Mum? Dad?"

They turned around quick as a flash, and before Emma knew it, she was being hugged on all sides. Everyone was uttering sighs of relief, but Emma knew that the relief would wear off, and then she'd be in really big trouble.

Sure enough, once the tears had dried, Emma's mum got right to the point.

"Emma, where were you?"

Emma panicked slightly, "Oh, um, just out... and about."

"Emma...." Mr. Gilbert weighed in.

"Look, it's nothing alright?"

"Nothing?! You were gone for three days!"

Emma looked at her feet. "I know."

"Then tell us where you were!" Dad was getting impatient.

"It's nothing! Just leave me alone already!" Emma screamed, storming up to her room. The entire family heard a loud slam, followed by the sound of something breaking. The Gilbert's were shocked. Emma had never behaved this way before. What had happened?

Mrs. Gilbert broke out of her stupor and went to phone the police, telling them that Emma was home.

"Come in." A broken voice said, as Rikki rapped lightly on the door.

She opened it slowly and cautiously stepped into the house, closing the door behind her.

"Dad?"

"Rikki!" Her dad was sitting on their couch, his eyes bloodshot, with dark purple bags under them as if he hadn't slept for several days. He was clearly exhausted.

Rikki rushed into her dads arms, leaning against his chest.

"I was so worried." Terry whispered, hugging Rikki. He didn't question her however. He knew that whatever had happened had affected her in a major way emotionally. He had to wait a little before getting answers.

For now, all that mattered was that his daughter was home.

Right then. Next chapter should be Cleo and her family. There's just so much drama with the Sertori's. And besides, Don deserves his own chapter, since he is so much fun to write.