Dang It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta

Look, I know the title is weird. Don't judge me. Its like three in the morning right now, I'm a little sleep deprived.

The girls made it back to Mako in time to see the sunset, using their super speed. Initially they were concerned about Rikki hurting the baby by accident, but she insisted on getting home as soon as possible, so the girls had no choice in the matter.

Home. That was now what Mako was.

The girls currently sat in the moon pool, drying off.

Cleo looked at Emma. "Where did Lewis leave the supplies?"

"Somewhere in the passageway I think."

The trio got up and found what Lewis had left them. There were several sleeping bags, with pillows stuffed in them. Multiple blankets were there, along with candles to light the place up, giving it a warm and cozy look.

They set everything up in their new hideout, before crawling into their sleeping bags, which lay next to each other in front of the moon pool.

The girls were asleep as soon as their heads touched the pillows.

The next day, they woke up to sunlight streaming in, causing the water to sparkle. Cleo got up, hopeful. Lewis said he might be able to visit that day, and she was looking forward to seeing her boyfriend again.

He would also help them with the plan for food and other basic necessities; they couldn't live off what they had brought with them for long. Especially since Rikki was expecting. Lewis was also going to come up with a plan for that situation.

Emma unpacked a suitable breakfast, and then sat down with Cleo and Rikki to discuss the baby.

"Do you think it'll be like us?" Cleo asked Rikki.

Rikki looked down at her stomach, which was unusually bloated for so early on. "I don't know. But I think so. Why else would I be so big so early on if there wasn't a little tail in there?"

"Maybe you're having more than one." Emma suggested.

Rikki snorted. "I don't think there's enough room for that."

At that moment Lewis arrived, though not the way they expected.

Instead of climbing down the passageway, Lewis came in through the moon pool wearing googles and an oxygen tank.

Rikki frowned. "Whats with the exciting new entrance?"

Lewis started taking off the equipment. "Your parents are freaking out. They suspect that I have something to do with you guys taking off. Anyways, Cleo your dad followed my boat, so I dropped anchor and took a dive."

The mermaids grimaced at the mention of their family members. Emma shook her melancholy off first.

"How are we going to survive? I mean, we can't spend all of our time on Mako. We'll go crazy."

Lewis nodded. "That's what I've been thinking. You guys need to have a life on land, but you can't go as who you really are."

Cleo said, "We'll have to get jobs to make money and buy stuff. But not at home. We'll have to swim to different cities."

"Good idea." Rikki approved. "The problem is that people might recognize us from wanted posters or whatever they do for runaways."

"You guys will have to disguise yourselves. Cut your hair and the like." Lewis put in. "Then you can go look for jobs."

They finalized everything concerning their survival, and decided on Sydney as their first town to visit. It would only take a couple hours of swimming to get there. The foursome then moved onto Rikki's pregnancy.

Lewis scratched the back of his head. "I'll have to make some ultrasound equipment to check on the baby. Though that might take me awhile, what with the police breathing down my neck."

Lewis pulled Rikki away from Cleo and Emma. He said quietly, "Zane's worried about you. I haven't told him about the baby yet, I figured you should do that. And soon. He is the dad after all, isn't he?"

Rikki looked down at her feet.

Lewis put a hand on her shoulder, and went to join the other girls.