5

Damian's POV

"Nope, uh-uh. I'm not talking to Dick. I'll talk to ANYONE ELSE, but not Dick." Steph argues, as I try and pawn off calling Grayson to her.

He will actually murder me. He made me promise to protect Mar'i at all costs, but the damn girl got herself into trouble.

Then again those were agents of the League of Assassins.

But then again she was out late on her own.

But Grayson...he's nicer to Steph.

"Steph, he's not that bad." I say, knowing full well Grayson will either be completely emotional or insanely enraged.

"You do it. You were there, and you fought for her." Steph states, throwing her hands up and walking away. Leaving me with a phone on the wood table.

I sigh and pick it up, dialing his number and letting it ring.

"It's Grayson. It's like 1:30, what the hell one of you siblings." He says through the phone.

"-TT-"

"Damian? What's up or...wrong?" Dick says, suddenly less agitated.

"Mar'i's been hurt." I say, feeling anxiety course through my own veins upon saying those words.

"...W..What?" He stammers, I can hear sheets rustle in the background meaning he probably stood up.

"She's hurt, but not badly. We're at the manor."

"Don't go anywhere I'll be there soon." Grayson hangs up and I just stand here thinking;

Where would I go?

It's just Grayson being a worried father which I do believe is understandable right now.

I find myself walking to where Mar'i is resting, a guest room in the Manor that is basically her own room. We've all nick-named it Mar'i's Quarters, since that's where she sleeps when she visits or after galas Father throws here.

I push open the dark wooden door and there she lies, curled up under the covers of a large bed in the center of the room. She snores softly and her feet move slowly under the covers. I sit on the edge of her bed, simply watching her. She's still wearing her pink jacket. I remember Steph got it for her a few months ago.

"Just fulfilling my aunt duties!" Steph had explained when Mar'i asked what occasion it was.

Mar'i takes a few deep breaths and I assume she is waking up, probably sensing the shift in weight on her bed. She rolls over and stretched before opening her completely bright green eyes and looking to me.

"Damian? What are you doing here?" She asks sleepily, going to sit up. I stand and prop pillows behind her back to make it easier for her to sit.

"Checking on you, Steph said you might wake up soon. Also said you might need something to prop you up." I lie, wanting her to think of my actions as being orderly and not out of the blue.

"Oh, well..um..thanks. I'm fine, is my Dad here?" She asks, pulling her knees to her chest.

"On his way." I inform her and she nods.

"Did you know those men?" Mar'i questions after a beat and I bite my tongue.

"I don't  know them, but I know who sent them." I say, my eyes downcast.

"They were speaking a different language, and you spoke back..." She says, her memory most likely returning.

"Here you are, Master Dick, Your Grace." Pennyworth says from outside the door, effectively and accidentally cutting me off.