Part 1: Revelation Chapter 1: Sweet Memories

Something, something's not right.

"Hikari... Hikari!"

I've been doing the same things in this town all my life. Repeating everyday. Never doing anything new. Is this it? Is this the real world? Is this all that's out there? Or, is there much more? Am I meant for more? My purpose... Or, am I trapped here forever? Yes, I do care for my friends dearly. Without them I don't know what I would do. All of the fond memories I've had with them over the years of my life living here. The laughs and smiles we've shared. They are, a part of me I can't replace. But... Is this all there really is?

"There is a storm on your horizon...." A voice spoke in my head.

There's this feeling I have inside. Things, haven't felt right lately. Nothing feels real anymore.

"Hey Hikari!" someone yelled.

My eyes flashed open and the white light blinded me. I blinked a few times until my vision cleared. The face of a girl with light purple hair stared at me intently. Her green eyes were concerned.

"Wow, you were deep in thought there." Hoshi spoke.

I scratched my shoulder, embarrassed about spacing out.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I don't know what got into me." I answered sheepishly.

My other friend leaned over to check on me. The light reflected off her turquoise hair, and her teal eyes connected with mine.

"Are you sure you're alright? You don't look too good." Hato said. She reached her hand up to feel my forehead. I gently pushed it away.

"I'm fine. I was, just thinking." I gave them a slight smile to reassure them.

"Right..." Hoshi said sarcastically.

"Don't worry, I would never lie to you guys." I said smiling.

"You're funny." Hato said nudging me, then put her arm around my shoulder.

We giggled and I gave them a big smile.

"Okay, come on you two, we have to get to the Smoothie Hut before it closes!" Hoshi reminded.

We stood outside the entrance of our school. The sun already low in the afternoon sky, setting golden rays down upon the trees. The sky was a bright blue with creamy clouds scattered around. The bells to the school rang out and the students ran through the doors and streamed around me as I stood there once again in a distant thought.

"Come on Hikari!" Hato waved to me and called.

By the time I snapped out of my blur I noticed that they were already making their way down the sandy sidewalk.

"Uh, hold on!" I cried as I swung my bag over my shoulder.

They laughed at me with cheeky grins then turned and ran ahead.

"Hey, wait!" I hollered down to them.

"The train's leaving soon!" Hoshi shouted.

"Hurry up, we're gonna be late!" Hato said playfully.

I started to laugh as I was chasing after them, catching up. "The train can wait!" I yelled as I finally reached them. I grabbed their shoulders and turned them to face me. "Next time, wait for me." I said as I ruffled their heads.

"Hey!" They whined in protest as I messed up their hair.

We all laughed and I smiled at them. "Alright, let's go." I said.

Then we heard the train whistle from further within the town blow, signaling that they will be leaving in five minuets.

"I told you!" Hoshi laughed.