My Baby, Yours

This one shot was requested by @Makeitpop31 with specific-ish Zummer plot line in mind. I hope it's what you had in mind and I'm sorry it didn't publish it sooner.

Zack's POV
twelve years after seventh grade
********************************

The worst thing that can happen to a person is having to get up and answer the door after just falling asleep for a quick nap. I got up and reluctantly went to answer the door. I opened my dorm room door to see my ex-girlfriend as of one month, Summer Hathaway standing there. There were tear stains on her face.

"Hey, is everything ok?" I asked.

She shook her head, "Can I come in?" she asked, sniffling.

I nodded and stepped aside for her to come. She went and sat on my bed. I sat next to her.

"What's wrong?" I asked. She just stared at the floor.

"Zack, I don't know how to tell you this..."

"Just say it."

She looked me in the eyes. "I'm pregnant, and you're the father."

Everything came tumbling down in my brain.

"What?" I barely managed to say. I stood up.

"I know, I'm ashamed too..."

"But- but you were my first-"

She cut me off, "You were my first too. That's how I know it was you who was the father."

There was silence.

"Listen," Summer stood up to be level with me. She put her hand on my shoulder and looked in my eyes again. "If you don't want anything to do with this, I completely understand. You can choose to be involved or you don't have to. It's up to you, and I can't force you to stay. You do what you feel is right." She stayed staring at me for a moment. She put her hand back at her side, and left me in the room alone with a big decision.

**two days later**

I showed up to Summer's dorm room. She answered, slightly surprised to see me.

"Summer I've made my decision."

She shifted her weight.

"I have decided to be there every step of the way. I want to be the father of our baby. I am ready."

Summer flung her arms around me and cried.

"Thank You." she whispered.