Chapter Twelve

Tom wasn't sure how to react. It was a shock to see her like this.

"Amelia. What are you talking about?"

"I went to my dad's for dinner last night and he told me he has cancer. He's leaving for the States on Wednesday to start treatment. He waited for three weeks before he told me. I can't lose him too."

"Oh love. I'm so sorry. Why is he going to the states for treatment?" Tom lead her to the couch to sit down.

"He said he wanted the best doctors in the world so he's heading back to Chicago. He's going to stay with some friends. Nick and Eliza Johnson. Eliza is a nurse so she will be able to keep a close eye on him. I'm just nervous."

Oh darling. He's going to be in good hands. I'm sure he didn't tell you because he knew you would be worried." He kissed the top of her head. "Have you eaten yet? I can make us some dinner."

"yes I'd like that. All I've had today was a carton of ice cream. Thanks for letting me cry on you. I'm trying to remain positive about my dad. It's just a shock."

"I understand. Come sit in the kitchen while I cook. Tell me about your weekend."

Amelia followed him into the kitchen. She climbed onto one of the barstools and propped her head on her hands while she watched him get stuff out of the fridge. She was happy she decided to come over to see him. She was already feeling better.

"Can I help? I don't want to just sit here and watch. Give me something to do."

"Alright. You can peel and slice the potatoes. Be careful."

"Yes sir." She saluted him and he laughed. "So what are we making?"

"Chicken and potatoes gratin. Nothing fancy." He grinned at her then kissed her nose.

They chatted as they made dinner together. As Tom was finishing up the chicken he accidentally got flour on Amelia's shirt. She wiped some on his face and he pretended like he was going to dump the bag on her head. She shrieked and ran out of the room. He chased her around the living room until he caught her by the waist. He spun her around to face him and kissed her, gently at first. Then without thinking, he took her by the hand and led her to his bedroom.

He kissed her again, holding her face in his hands. She put her hands to his chest. She could feel his heart beating. She pulled away and sat down on the bed. He loosened the top button of his shirt and she stopped him, wanting to do it herself. He removed the shirt as she scooted back on the bed and laid back on the pillows. He moved up the bed to join her and his lips found hers again. He kissed her with a fierce desire then slowly made his way down her neck, kissing her and tasting her skin. She let him pull her t-shirt over her head and gasped when his mouth skimmed her breasts. She moved her hands into his hair encouraging him to continue. He left light kisses down her belly. He looked up at her to see if she was okay with him taking down her sweats and she nodded. She wanted him so badly. She shivered as he pulled her panties down with her sweats and tossed them to the side. He kissed the inside of her thigh and moved back up to kiss her mouth.

"are you okay with this? I don't want to rush you." He asked her.

"yes. Please." She gasped. She needed him to go on.

She reached for the buckle on his belt and quickly undid it. He got up and took off his pants. She was eager for him to join her on the bed again. He crawled back up the bed and she wrapped her hand around him and started to stroke him. Just her touch was making him crazy. He had never wanted anyone like her wanted her. He bowed his head and flicked her nipple with his tongue. He reached down between her legs and she was already so ready for him. He reached to the bedside table and pulled out a condom. She took it from him and slowly rolled it down his length. He looked into her eyes to be sure she was still ok. Her eyes were glazed over with desire. He slowly entered her, filling her completely. She sighed as she grabbed onto his shoulders. He thrusted in and out, slowly building up "Faster, please god faster" she cried. He drove into her faster and faster. She called out as she tossed her head back. Her orgasm slowly growing, she dug her nails into his back. He slowed his thrusts slightly only to have her groan in protest. He didn't want to come before she had. He could tell she was close. He thrust deeper, causing her to gasp loudly

"Oh god. Oh my. Please baby. Please." She cried.

Suddenly she was falling over the edge of her orgasm. He came just after she did, feeling completely euphoric. He pressed his forehead to hers and kissed her gently.

"Wow. That was. Wow" he said between breaths. He laid down beside her, her eyes still closed as she caught her breath.

"Yeah. You can say that again." She curled into him, tracing the star tattoo on his chest. So much for waiting, she thought.

"Please stay the night with me" he murmured into her hair.

"I'm not going anywhere." She answered as she drifted off to sleep.

"Good. Me neither."