Chapter Thirty-Seven

Amelia and the girls entered her suite and her father was sitting on the couch watching tv. The girls both rushed over to greet him while Amelia went to order the pizza. They had decided to have one of their slumber parties in the girls' suite and would go shopping in the morning. Nurse Dawn introduced herself to the girls and Amelia told her about their plans. She assured Amelia that everything was going to be fine and to enjoy herself and have fun.

It was nearly midnight when the girls all drifted off to sleep. Stuffed with pizza and wine, they had al sprawled out on the couch and floor of the room and watched movies til they passed out. Amelia awoke to the sound of Krissi oohing and ahhing at the view.

"Alright. Where to first? Breakfast or shops?" Amelia said as she sat up from the couch in Krissi and Marian's suite.

"Food, always start with Food" Krissi stated

"Ok food it is. Room service or dine out?" She asked. "I know Marian and I both need coffee."

"We are in Chicago so we so need to have breakfast at Tiffany's" Krissi grinned.

"Plus yes Coffee is a must" Marian noted.

"Krissi. You can't actually eat at Tiffany's." Amelia giggled. I know a great little place we can eat and then go to Tiffany's."

"Amelia, you are a genius. This is why I love you" Krissi beamed

"Ok. While you two get dressed, I'm gonna head back to my room and check on dad and let them know I'm going to be gone all day. I know Tom needs to get some work done." She got up and stretched. "Tom mentioned having dinner at Nando's tonight."

"Oh, so you mean. You are going to actually allows us to be in the same room as your man. This must be our Christmas present" Marian said dryly

"Shut up Marian!" Amelia replied. "It's not my fault he wasn't back til late last night. Do you want to come with me now so you can give him that hug now?"

"I don't want to be a bother Amelia" Marian noted

"Come on" she said, grabbing Marians hand and dragging her back to the other suite. "A bother. Right."

Marian rolled her eyes but followed Amelia.

"Tom. Where are you?" Amelia yelled as she entered the room.

"Amelia? What is- oh Hi Marian!" Tom said and rushed over to give her a hug. "I'm so happy to see you! Where's Krissi?"

"Thanks Tom" Marian blushed. "She is getting ready. Amelia dragged me over here for some crazy reason"

Amelia rolled her eyes at Marian before leading her into the bedroom. "Alright. Spill it. What's going on with you?"

"What do you mean. I came all the way to Chicago to see you. I don't know what you are talking about" She mused.

"Sweetie. You've been quiet and moody since I mentioned Tom's declaration. That's not like you. What's up" she pointed out as she sat on the bed next to Marian.

"You have someone who loves you. Your life is going in the right direction. You have a great future where I have nothing. I used to know what I wanted to do with my life." She sighed blinking back her tears.

"I hate my major and I don't even what I want to do with my life. You are going leave me and I will end up all alone as a single mother collecting my food stamps to pay for my baby's food. Working at the local bingo hall just to afford diapers"

"Oh Marian. Sweetie. That's so not gonna happen. You are amazing and you have Niall. Don't like your major? Change it. Or take a break. I am. We can do it together." She hugged Marian and wiped her tears.