Chapter Seventy-Four

"Amelia. I'm so sorry. It was a moment of weakness." Krissi told her as she followed behind her. "After spending the evening talking to him the night Marian gave birth, we just kinda clicked. He's so very nice."

"Don't apologize. I know what it's like. Believe me. I know" Amelia said. "Don't worry. I'll keep it between us."

Amelia headed back to the party and she sat down next to Marian who was struggling with her Little Bo Peep costume. Niall had been adorably dressed as a sheep. Marian looked up at her and blushed.

"This damn skirt is too short and my boobs feel like they are going to pop out at any moment." She said looking uncomfortable. "Niall and his bright ideas."

"I think you both look cute." Amelia laughed. "So how's my little nephew? I'd like to come see him on Sunday. Is that okay?"

"Oh he's so wonderful Amelia. I think I fall in love with him more and more every day." Marian gushed. "But I'm worried about Niall. He's so upset because Liam and Louis have been over to see Ewan, but Harry refuses. I think he still doesn't believe that Niall is really the father."

"Marian. We all know Niall is that baby's father. He looks just like him!" Amelia assured her. "Harry is an idiot not to see that."

"Harry is an idiot period." She replied. "he's infuriating."

"I'm sorry he's not been nice to you. Has Niall talked to him?" Amelia asked.

"Yes, but he doesn't seem to be getting anywhere with him." Marian sighed.

"Maybe someday." Amelia told her then saw Krissi and Harry sneaking back into the party.

The rest of the evening seemed to go pretty well. Guests started to leave around 2am and Amelia was exhausted. Tom found her curled up in her favorite chair looking out at the city.

"Hi. Are you coming to bed?" he asked.

"Yeah in a minute. I can never get over how beautiful this city is." She told him.

"So why don't you want to get married here?" he asked sitting on the arm of the chair.

"I don't know. There's something exciting about getting married in Vegas. All of our friends having a good time and just relaxing. Plus, it's going to be New Year's Eve. What better place to be than Vegas right?" she said leaning against him.

"Well, let's see what the planner has in mind tomorrow. Let's go to bed." Tom said pulling her to her feet.

Tom and Amelia arrived at the café a few minutes before their wedding planner the next morning to go over some plans. Amelia was nervous about doing a destination wedding but she had her heart set on Vegas. They ordered brunch and sipped their mimosas while they waited.

"Tom. Amelia. I'm so sorry I'm late." Ally, their wedding planner said. "Traffic is awful."

"it's alright. We've ordered brunch and mimosas. Order whatever you like." Tom told her.

"Thank you but I don't drink while I'm working" she laughed. "How about we just get started?"

Ally pulled out a binder and started pulling out swatches of fabric and pictures of cakes. Tom and Amelia exchanged a look and took a deep breath. They had no idea she was going to throw so much at them.

"Alright. So we have 2 months to get this all done. That's not much time, but we will do it." She told them.

"I had no idea there was so much that went into planning a wedding." Tom admitted.

"Me either if we're being honest." Amelia agreed. "I still haven't picked out a dress."

"That's why you've hired me. To help you both have the most beautiful wedding ever." Ally said with a grin. "Tom did you tell Amelia what we discussed on the phone?"