Chapter 16: Conditions

Aiden's POV

It's has been almost three days since the incident happen and since then nothing unusual happen. I stare at the pale face of my precious girl, laying on the bed as I stroke her hair gently. I started to feel the tears coming out when I remember the incident, her hands that lay on her side started to feel slightly cold as I hold her small, fragile hand.

I'm sorry for making you go through all of this..I really wish for you to have a normal life like the others..

The moon shines brightly into the room as I slowly look up at it. Mum, dad.. I'm sorry for not looking out for our princess.. I'm such a failure..I can't even protect the people that I love once again.. I clench my first tightly as I held back the tears. It's all my fault..mum, dad.. Forgive me..

After that I can't remember what happen after. I must have fell asleep until..

"Where am I..?"

---

Kei's POV

My heavy eye lids slowly open itself as I stare at the unfamiliar ceiling down to the walls and bed. The blanket around me is heavy and yet warm and the bed also the pillow itself is really soft and comforting.

"Where am I..?"

"Kei..! You finally awake! Thank goodness." Said a voice whom I recognise as Aiden.

I turn to my right and see that he is sitting on black chair. His hair was messy and the eye bags under his eyes was really deep.

"And before I forget, you're at my house. Do you..remember what happen?" He asked with a sad tone.

"I think so.. How-Wait! Where's Lucy!" I shouted and force my body to sit up but at the same time a painful feeling jolt inside me and I winced.

"You shouldn't do that, Kei..-" He stand up and gently making me lay back on the bed before heaving a sigh. "Before you ask again, Lucy is fine and is resting in the other room." He continue and sit back down on the chair with his arm cross.

"Is she-"

"Don't worry both Jake and Leo are taking in turn looking after her," Aiden interrupt.

I sigh of relief hearing that then my eyes widen as I remember about Cassy.

"What about her..? Is she still here?" I asked, feeling scared.

"Unfortunately, she's no where to be seen since that day but-" Aiden stop as he narrow his eyes at me.

"W-what's wrong..?"

"I don't know. You tell me."

"Ha? What do you mean..?"

He runs his hand through hair, frustrated before sighing. "What were you thinking? Fighting her like that!"

I wince at his words and look away.

"Look.. I'm not angry at you. I just wanted to know why did you fight her? You know how worried I was when I saw you bleeding and getting hurt like that?"

I turn back and see that his head was hanging down and his hand was at his neck.

"I'm sorry.." I apologise in a low voice. "It's just that.. She-Cassy was going to hurt Lucy so.. I just-" My tears trickle down my cheeks as I replay all of the scenes.

Then a strong arm pull me into a warm hug as I started crying. "No, Kei.. I'm the one who should say sorry. I made you into this position..I promise I'll protect you from now on.."

"Aiden.." I grab his shirt tightly and nodded.

---

After I had stop crying he, lay me down once again and tuck me in. I stare at his tired looking face and unconsciously my hand was trailing on his face.

"Kei..? Is something wrong?" Ask Aiden.

When I realised what I had done, I quickly pull my hand away, "S-sorry.. It's just that you look like you hadn't sleep for days.." I reply, looking down at the blanket.

I thought he was angry with my action but when I heard him laughing, I can't help but wonder why he did that. If I'm not mistaken I didn't say anything funny..so why is he laughing?

"Oh..hahaha. Sorry-" he interrupted my thought as he try to stop laughing, "you just said something that really put me off my guard."

"Oh.. I see." 

Then he smile and stroke my hair like always, "I'm glad that you finally wake up."

His words makes my frowned and I wonder why he suddenly say that.

"What do you mean..? Was I out for that long?" I ask, my eyes stares into his hazelnut orbs.

"You were really starting to scare me you know.. You slept for the whole 3 days that I thought you were.. Going to leave me you know.." He said with a sad smile.

"3 days..!? Really? That long?"

Aiden only nodded, his expression has turn really gloomy and I feel really bad for making him worry like that. I clench and unclench my fist before grabbing a bit of his sleeves. "I'm sorry.." I apologise, looking at him then down at the blanket.

"Hey.. It's alright," he reply with his big, warm hand, gently caress my cheek and I look at him as he give me a smile.

"Aiden.. Where's Aunt May?" I asked, breaking the silence between us.

"Aunt May.. She's at home but don't worry she knows what happen so you don't need to feel bad or anything. Plus.. She was here, the night after we brought you here but then I told Jake to bring her home because she looks really tired."

"Oh.." I trailed and sigh.

"Hey.. Don't worry. For now, our first priority is for both you and Lucy to get well alright? So don't give me that face and smile, okay?" 

"Okay.. But can I see Lucy? I feel like I didn't even finish what I want to tell her.." I ask.

"Hm.. I consider that after you get well rested." Said Aiden, not budging.

"I want to see her now.."

Aiden raised his eyebrow, "have you forget  that you are in no condition to walk right now? Or do you want to make me and others worry again?"

"Fine.." I sigh. "Is it really that bad? My wounds?"

Aiden avoided my eye contact when I ask him and I had no choice but to check it myself. So I pull the blanket away and pull my shirt up and see that it didn't even started healing itself. The first wound that I had was on right side, near the rib and the second and last one was at my stomach and both still looks the same as before. I slowly raise my head to look at Aiden. "What happen.. Why is it the same?"

"You..-your body was rejecting that blood that we give even the usual one.. So Aunt May told us to let you rest first then give you the blood..but even that we weren't sure if it would be the same or not.." He whisper but loud enough for me to hear.

"Am I.. Really not gonna get better?" I asked, feeling really scared. "Does that mean I can't play basketball anymore..?" I sob.

"I..don't know.." He reply, looking away.

Suddenly, my body feel really weak that my vision started to blur. Am I gonna die..? Why is it so cold..? Aiden.. What are you..saying?

---

Aiden's POV

I heard a thud and when I turn around, I found Kei laying down. Her face was paler than before and her breathing was really low.

"Hey..Kei..! Stay with me.. You can't close that eyes, do you understand that?!" I shouted as I pick her up and but her down on the bed. She didn't reply but only stare at me with that light grey eyes of hers. Her lids also slowly closing but I could see that she tried to fight it but it didn't work.

"Pumpkin.. You're strong please..open your eyes.." I trailed.

Just as I was about to go get something, her pale, cold hand, grab my sleeves. I turn to look at her and found herself was trying to say something but before I could hear what she was saying, her grip suddenly weaken until it feel down beside her.