Chapter 21: Scarred and Hurt

Part 2.

Leo P.O.V

Seeing that Jake had finally drawn Kei's attention towards him, I inhaled a few breaths before I tackle her down on the floor, away from the pale, unconscious Lucy. Although we went down with a thud, her facial expression didn't change which I'm glad but mostly, I  thank that her head did not bleed or else it would be a lot of works..

A growl, brought me back as I remember that I had tackled my own fiancee down to save her best friend. I turn my eyes to look into hers and as I suspected her vampire had kicked in before her body could get ready. I had read a book and even witness some but I never thought I would encounter one especially like this. I sighed, wondering if I should trap her in this room while I call Aiden for help since he how to handle this better than any of us could.. Plus, he knows what's the best for his own family.

"You.. How dare you interrupt my dinner..!" She growl once again and I shake my heads, No no I can't wait for him anymore or else the whole house would be her prey..

I tighten my grip on her hands while the other free hand, went inside the pocket to reach the veil that will calm her down, although I really wish she wasn't this strong so that I would not have this struggle just to get the small, cylinder glass bottle inside the pocket. But before my hand could grab it out, her strong legs kick me down on my stomach that I rolled over and almost hit the table in the middle of the room. 

Damn.. She's so strong just like in the book.. No wonder back home, they always put them underground until they could control their vampire..

I cough and slowly stand up but just as I about to turn around, she grab and throw me over the wall, my whole body made a crack sounds when we had in contact with hard, concrete wall. I could even feel my own head had been open into two right now. 

"You have to pay for interrupting my dinner," Kei said as she walk menacingly towards me.

I force my eyes to focus even if it feels heavy. I  can't let her vampire side take over just like that. I definitely would not let this be repeating itself.

"Kei, you idiot. Wake up and fight this beast," I said, standing up and facing her. "I didn't interrupt you, I-"

"Shut up. You don't deserve to say anything," 

Her small finger, finds its way to tighten and suffocate me, her sharp nails, pierce the thin skins and slowly the blood slip out.

"This isn't you! Wake up now or else you'll end up like this.. Please.." I half-beg using the left over strength.

I thought she would stop but I was wrong, her sudden pause didn't mean anything, her frown turn into a deep grin just as I finish my sentences. No..Please don't do this, I know you're strong..

"You're so stupid. Do you think she would hear your stupid words? She doesn't even know who she is and you-"

"K-Kei..? Are you- urgh.." I open one of my eyes and see that she is having trouble with herself and take this chance and punch her hard on the stomach. She went back, coughing before glaring back at me with those murderous eyes.

"You dare kick me? Did you forget that- I"

"No, I didn't but that's not you so I could do whatever I want to get her back." I reply.

I'm sorry Kei.. This is all I could think of.

I quickly run behind her and lock my hands around her neck, in a headlock position and twist her head a bit. After a long struggle doing it, her whole body finally went stiff and sigh of relief.