Chapter 9: Change

slowly I open my eyes to an unfamiliar ceiling, squinting slightly at the lights shining at me, tracing down at my surrounding; everything seems unfamiliar, even the thin bed that I'm laying on.I tried to open my mouth to say something but nothing came out, only a sudden feeling of thirst.

"You're awake?" asked a deep yet soothing voice. I turn my head slowly towards the voice, the person was sitting crossed legged on my right, his back comfortably leaning back towards the white chair and his arms tightly crossed against his chest. Somehow this figure reminds me of someone I know--Leo.

"Leo..?"

His eyes flickered under the lids, slowly opening one of it. He stared at me with those blank expression just waiting for me to shoot some questions and although he seen me like this, there's no worried or sad expression plastered on his face, making me slightly upset. But this his new side of him makes me tense up and scared, at the same time his gaze makes my heartbeat faster than usual.

"What happen to me? Where am I?"

I shoot some of my question at him,but his gaze didn't even faltered a bit. "You're at the infirmary. You were unconscious during the second half of the game." her reply calmly, while shifting to his new position. I try to sink in the answers, then as if something hits me, I quickly sit up. "The game..Game!? Oh no!" I exclaimed, bouncing off the bed but somehow it seems like it was a bad idea; the things around me somehow feels uneven as if it was spinning around me, and Leo caught me just in time before my body hits the cold floor.

"Leo..What's happening to me? Why am I like this?"I ask, looking at him. He only look at me for a few minutes then look away, "Let's go home." He said, ignoring my question. "Can you walk?" asked Leo once again. I bit my lip and nod, he then takes his hands off so I can wear my sneakers. While waiting, he takes my and also his bag and put it around his neck as he patiently wait for me at the door.

I pull myself up by leaning against the metal bed, as I stand up, I can feel his gazes at me but of course when I look at him, turns away. Ignoring it, I quickly walks out with him behind me as the silence wrap us up. For awhile there, we keep on walking, even I who felt like collapsing keep on walking. I can't bear making him in trouble, so I need to get a grip and rest when I get back home.

Suddenly he stop, I open my mouth to say but, "Hop on," he said breaking the silence and crouching down with his back in front of me. Hesitantly, I put my hand on his shoulder then pull it back slightly. I guess he knew what I was going to do so he grab both of my hands before I could say anything, wrapping it around his pale neck as he slowly lift me up. I slightly flushed at his action, "I-I can walk.." I said, trying to argue but it was no use, his grip were tight around my thighs. "You will only hold me back," he said coldly, leaving me speechless. His words are harsh but it's also the truths. For now I will only hold him back.

I bit my lips and noded as I leaned against his warm back, inhaling his sweet smell. "You know..I'm sorry for making you loose your first game.." I apologized. There, I hear a very deep sigh in front and I look at him, "Le-" "It's not your fault, I'm the one who volunteer to take care of you so don't apologies," he reply, continuing walking.

"Okay.."

Again, the silence covered us, but none of us mind even the looks from the others also being ignore by him, I on the other hand, feels slightly embarrassed. Since it is the first time someone had carried me like this. Well of course it may had been usual for him but somehow I can't help but to agree that, it feels kinda nice being like this. 

I guess it's okay to feel like this right? Even if I caused him so much trouble? Wait..What am I saying? Damn it.

By the time we reach the familiar street, it was already dawn. The surrounding around us is quiet since most of the people are in their own house, enjoying dinner or something. The street lamps, flickered as we pass it, turning right. "Leo..May I ask you something?" I asked breaking the silent. "Hm?" Is all he says but I could tell the he also raising his eyebrow. "What is it?"