Chapter 7

It has already been a months since I stayed at Lucy's house although they didn't mind me staying even after the exams ended but somehow I feel bad for everything. Knowing that even if I tell them the truths it wont be enough. I feel deeply obliged to them because they treat me like I'm their own daughter and even bringing me everywhere including their own family occasion.

"Kei, let's go. Everyone is already at the field and ready for the practice." called Lucy, bringing me back to the reality. I smiled at her, "I'll be right behind you," she then close the door and walks down to tell her parents about our activities and how late we're going to be. I pack up my things, like new pair of clothes and shoes as well as a small towel for my face.

Then I run downstairs and bid them good bye before joining Lucy outside. As soon as I joined her at the crossed-section point, the sun rays suddenly shining, blinding me and before I realised what's going on, I moved back slightly. "K-Kei..what's wrong? Didn't you always love the rays in the morning?" she asked worriedly. I slowly raised my head and look at her, "Ah..what are you talking about? Of course I do, see?" I went back to that pavement, ignoring the heat that's killing. Please green light soon.. Seeing my expression, she smile and together we waited for the lights.

After the long wait, we quickly run into the school compound and straight to the field, not wanting them to wait any longer. Everyone stood up when they saw us, "We already done the stretching, Cap." said a girl with black short hair. I smile, "Good, now I want all of you to follow Lucy and run 10 laps for 20 minutes and whoever didn't make it on time have to do another 10 with me." I said, pulling out a stop watching. 

Most of them were shock and mumble among them and I sigh, "You got 5 second to go over to Lucy before I add another lap," I shouted. And everyone scramble there, with their position in, Mrs. Rhys blew the whistle and all of them started running. Putting my own beg on the side and sitting on the bench as I watch them running. Hm..most of them have good stamina..that's good.

"Don't you think they all did well ever since you came back?" asked Mrs. Rhys, joining me on the bench. "Yeah, I think so too..I guess Lucy really did fantastically well I was absent.." I replied, smiling at her. She caress my head, smiling back like a mother taking care of her child, "No, both of you did very awesome and lovely job on increasing their strength and all." she stated. I bit back the tears at the back of my eyes, and nod.

Looking down at the stopwatch, 15 minutes had already passed..and they all did well..despite the noises they make earlier.  I laughs, then I look at the back and sigh. "Oi, you four! hurry up or you have to join me running another 10 laps!" I warned, startled they pick up their speed. Lucy was great at running as always, tip-top. The other 3 girls behind are also good and if they trained more maybe mine and Lucy's position are in trouble.

A small tapped on my shoulder, snapping me out from my own thought. "They're nearly done," said Mrs. Rhys, walking closer to the track. I quickly follow, and inhaled a deep breaths and also did some stretching. 

Minute later, they all drew line in front of me, once again I look down the stopwatch, "Hm.. 30 minutes..not bad." I said, smiling at them then my eyes darted to the 4 first-year, which they all look away. "You four, you're gonna join me," I stated, "And..if anyone want to join in then I'm gladly welcome them." I started to stand at the starting line, along with the four first-year, getting into the position, I see a familiar figure next to me, Lucy. "You're joining too? Aren't you tired?" I asked, happily. "Well, I am but I have to push everything if I want to beat you." she reply with a grin. I grins back, "Very well then~" Then I took off, leading the second round. 

Half through the running, I've realised that they were all running with me and with very passionate feeling of wanting to beat me. I can't help but laugh at their cunning moves but I also can't let them beat me easily after all this is the only place where I can be myself.  Inhaling a deep breath as I pick up pace, letting my body sway with the breeze and putting a wide gap between us.