Chapter 2: Lost in a Huge Forest

The next day, I wake up with a serious headache since I did not have enough sleep because of that guy in front of my house last night. Anyway, I push myself to the bathroom and made a quick breakfast and lunch before leaving the house. To my surprise my best friend, Lucy is standing in front of the door. I was dumbstruck for a moment since we promise each other to meet at the station. I also did not want her to see me like this especially with the huge damn eye-bags.

"What happen to you?" she asked worriedly instead of saying 'Good morning or Hello.' I sigh. "It's nothing, it's just that I study too long and when I stopped studying it was already 4 in the morning so I took a little nap."Lucy cock her head not believing what I just said so I flick her forehead and start walking. During the walk to the station, I could still feel the same stares that I get yesterday but this time, I ignore it by wearing my headphones. 

 As we reached the station, I caught a glimpse of a figure that I saw last night and suddenly I feel so sick but I decide not to show and cause my friend to worry. Inside the train is full like always and we students usually have to stand and watch ourselves becoming a sandwich. For some reason that this train feel like its going slower than usual, I look at my watch and shock to see that its almost homeroom time so I decide to wait for the next stop and drag my friend with me. "What are you doing? Its not our stop yet." I stare at her and showed her the watch. "We're that late?!" And I nod before we start to run really fast like we are doing a marathon but only this time we are running with our school uniform on and not our sport attire.

When we reached the classroom, we were safe by a nick of time. And we sit on our seat tiredly with uneven breath. The others look at us and gave us thumbs up since we arrived before that grumpy teacher. Taking our stuff out and getting ready for the homeroom and the lessons. It was the usually day until the lunch break.

"What..? You've got to be kidding me. Even our seats have been taken.." pouted Lucy.

"Hm..true. I wonder what have happen. Anyway let's just eat outside, okay?"

Lucy nods and went to the bench near to the corridor. I eat the lunch slowly while Lucy eats like she haven't eaten for days. Then nudged my elbow when I stop eating.

"Are you seriously okay, Kei?"

"Ha? Oh yeah, of course I am." I said enthusiastically.

She stare at me for a long time before shrugging her shoulder. "If you say so."

After we went inside the class and there we heard about why the canteen was full. We look at each other and sigh a very long sigh. Then we all head to the art class where we heard that there are partnership project to be done by two weeks time. The class became really noisy that the teacher had a hard time settling them all. Meanwhile I on the side, were brainstorming about where the perfect place is and grins when a place pop in my head.

A week before the project is due, I ask Lucy out to a forest to do the project together. 

Early that Saturday, I waited for her outside the train station. I look up at the clear blue sky and smile. It is a very bright day and I'm glad I chose it. An hour past, I sigh. 'Where is she?' I took out my phone and were about to dial her number when I heard her voice.

"Kei!" she shouted. "I'm sorry, I'm late." she stop and take a deep breath. 

I look at her bags before I opened my mouth. "What's with all of that?"

"Oh..you know the camera, arts stuff and most of all food!" she smile sheepishly.

I shake my head and help her carry one of her bags.

I wear my headphones through out the journey while Lucy snores soundly next to me.  I look outside the window and nods happily. 'I choose the right place. I'm glad I still remember it. Thanks mum and dad.' A minute before the train stopped, I woke Lucy and told her to get ready since the people are pack outside.