Chapter 19: Uncontrollable Thirst

Lucy P.O.V

After seeing Kei suddenly collapsing in front of me, I can't help but shout Jake and Leo's name. While waiting for them to come up, I tried to shake Kei's body gently and calling her name but nothing work so instead I just waited for them like a fool, holding her close to me.

---

Minutes later, both Leo and Jake call Aiden's up since they couldn't sense anything wrong with her while I just sit and stare at them treating her. I have no idea what they were doing to her but I could see that it was slowly getting dark outside. Jake on the other hand keep on telling me to go home but I refuse the offer since I can't seem to leave Kei alone like this even though I know that they will do a good job of taking care of her.

Finally, Jake stop entering the room and forcing me to go back, instead he came with a blanket and a pillow and even a change of clothes if I wanted to. I smile at him and thank for his understanding. I look at my own clothes then back at the spare clothes, contemplating whether I should or not but I couldn't dare to leave Kei even one minutes since I can't stop replying the things that happen this morning. I can't help but think that it was my fault that Kei is in this conditions.. That I left her for too long and that I didn't even look at her condition properly.

I sigh, "Kei..I'm sorry.." while looking at her pale sleeping face, like apologizing.  I bit my lips as a single trailed down my cheek, I quickly wipe it away since I promise to myself that Kei is going to be alright and that she will wake up soon and I don't want her to see me like this.

I shakes the negative thoughts away then decided to go for a quick wash since I felt like my face was looking like an ugly duckling. 10 minutes later, I walk out of the bathroom, feeling slightly fresh with the new clothes that I've change into. I slowly walk towards the bed and the same time, putting my clothes on the chair before I decided to sit on the edge of the bed while holding Kei's hand.

"Please wake up.. There's a lot of things I wanted to tell you.. Please.." I plead while caressing her hand. 

---

I have no idea for how long or when did I fell asleep but I've woken up by the grip on my hand and I slowly look up and see Kei still asleep. Although this time, there are beads of sweats on her forehead and neck, as if she was having a nightmare.

"Kei..?" I call out her name but no respond, only that her eyes under the lids moving in unexpected speed. Her breathing also quite heavy and it was unusual for hear to breath like that even when we had the running practice, she was still okay and breathing properly but this one is really this different..

With another free hand, I grab a handkerchief from my clothes and slowly wiping the sweats on her face and neck. I stop wiping after few minutes and stare at her pale, cold face, and something struck me. I remembered that Kei used to tell me that she had this nightmare every once in awhile where she always ended up crying. Though sometimes she said that it was not a nightmare but a memory that had been in her mind for a long time. Whenever I ask the question she would always avoid it; implying a painful memory so I didn't push it.

I inhaled and exhaled as my body started to tremble in fear, it was like my body can somehow sense that something will happen but I didn't know what. I tried to close my eyes so that I could be more calm and it work until..

"Mum.. Don't go.."

My eyes widen at her voice and I thought that she had finally awake but when I focus, I see that her eyes is still tightly shut only her mouth is moving and tears started to fall down on her cheeks. 

"Kei.. Please wake up.." I beg while gripping her hand tight.

...

Suddenly her body jolts up that makes me froze at the place, I quietly stare as her eyes slowly open itself. When it has been fully open, she stare at me like a predator looking at its prey.

"K-Kei..? Are you o-okay?" I asked as her head tilting right, looking at my nape. "K-kei--"

Before I could finish my sentences, I found myself laying on her bed with Kei on top of me. Her glances weren't on my face but still on my nape, I tried to free myself from her grip but it wouldn't work. There I realised that her eyes wasn't the colour that I know instead was grey, a slightly dark grey.

But that's not all the next word that came out from her lips, really send chills down my spine, "Blood.. Sweet.."

I was forced to swallowed my saliva and vision started to slowly blur, "Kei.. Please, wake up.. I know that this isn't you.." I plead but she only stare at me with those blank expression as if she did not understand what I've just said.

"You..Human blood.. I need-- Your blood.. sweet.." She repeated as her face slowly lowered down to my neck until I could feel her breath tingling there.

"Please Kei.. This is not you.. I-if you let me go, I'll help but not like this please.." I reply, closing my eyes tight, waiting for the pain to come but it didn't.

Thus, I turn my head to her and I see that she had both of her hands up at her head as if she was restraining herself and having a battle with her vampire sides. Taking this chance I slowly sit up and touch her cold, pale face which for a second she stop and was finally looking right into me.

"Don't hurt yourself, Kei.. I know you're in there and I can help you," I suggested.

"L-lucy..?" She reply and I smile while nodding my head.

"That's right Kei.. Its me and now please let me help you, okay?"

She was taken a back at my offer and for a second she nodded in agreement but before I could do what I wanted, I was once again push on the bed. "K-Kei..?"

I forced myself to look at her and once again, I found her with that blank face, looking like a lifeless corpse, I tried to touch her face her again but she refused and instead she lean down and I felt a sharp pain down at my neck. Without knowing that I scream in pain and trying to push her away but before I could use my last strength. I found myself downing into the darkness.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------