Chapter 9

Kyler

After eating, Logan and I took our work outside since it was such a beautiful day.

While we focused side by side, I thought about how to break what I was hiding to him.

Hey Logan, one more thing. You know how I got all growly and my eyes were glowing earlier? It's because I periodically turn into a wolf. Don't worry, I have it under control. By the way, did you see the headlines this morning? What do you think they should do about that oil spill?

I snorted to myself.

"Something funny?" Logan asked looking over at me with a slight smile.

"Just thinking of something earlier."

He nodded, going back to work.

Did I even have to say anything? It was still really early. Even though I felt like I'd known him forever and trusted him like I had,it had realistically only been a few days.

But...

It had been a good few days, despite all the other bullshit we'd had to deal with.

I felt so comfortable and happy and safe around him.

He felt like...home, for lack of a better word.

And I really didn't like lying to him about such a big part of who I was.

I tried to focus on work, but I honestly didn't get a lot done before the sun was setting and we headed inside.

While Logan was in the shower, I took the opportunity to go upstairs to find Dean.

He opened the door as soon as I knocked.

"Man, I'm really sorry," he repeated, his eyes genuinely remorseful.

And that was why I couldn't stay mad at him.

"It's fine. Just don't do it again."

"Understood."

I sighed, running a hand through my hair.

"Listen, can I talk to you for a minute?"

He frowned at my tone.

"Sure, come in."

I went into the spare bedroom and shut the door behind myself.

"I'm thinking about telling Logan."

I didn't have to specify what exactly I was thinking about telling him, Dean picked up on it right away, his eyes widening.

"Didn't you guys just start seeing each other?" he asked carefully.

"Yeah. But it just feels...right, you know?"

He sat down at the foot of his bed, his eyes on me.

"Look, I'm not questioning how you feel."

"But?"

"But you've heard the stories. Sometimes they run. Sometimes they try to expose us. Not good news. And those are from relationships that were a lot longer than this. We're talking years."

I knew that.

"But there are also the other ones, where that doesn't happen," I pointed out. "And...it's not just me. My wolf is completely on board. You know how rare that is, especially this early on."

Sometimes the wolf never got on board, though people had found ways to make it work even then, though it was definitely more difficult.

He rubbed at his mouth, looking out the window.