Chapter 12

Note to Reader: Getting near the end guys! Thanks to everyone who has been reading, liking, and commenting! And also a big thanks to my Followers, my mailing list Subscribers, and everyone who bought any of my books! The community here is so great and supportive :).

On to the next chapter!

Kyler

We had the next day off to stew over it.

"I can't let you take all the risk like that. What if I say yes and things don't work out?"

"I'm willing to take that risk," I repeated patiently. "I'd be the one taking it and if I'm fine with it, you should be too."

He sighed, getting up and taking the dishes to the sink.

"It's easy for you to say that. But what if the shoe was on the other foot? What would you do then?"

He braced his hands on the edge of the sink, his shoulders slumping as he shook his head.

I stood up and followed him, wrapping my arms around his waist and kissing his cheek.

"Well, I'd say yes and lock you down."

He let out a short laugh at that.

"Yeah?"

"Yes." I kissed him again. "What better way to have complete control over you?" I said, wagging my eyebrows.

He chuckled, twisting in my arms.

"You know that's not true."

I sobered as I looked into his worried eyes.

"Here's how I see it. If we take the risk and it doesn't work out,then so be it. I'm willing to do that because I don't think that's going to happen. Not when I fall a little harder for you every day."

"You're such a sweet talker," he murmured, his eyes softening.

"I mean it. But what I'm trying to say is that there are no guarantees in life. I'd rather try and fail than not try at all and regret it later down the line. Because one thing I know for sure-there's no way I'm letting you go without a fight. Got it?"

He nodded, moving closer for a hug.

"Got it."

"I love you." I squeezed him tightly against me.

"I love you too."

Logan

I tried to put the whole thing out of my head, figuring I'd thought about it enough without getting anywhere.

I knew what Kyler was saying.

In his shoes, I would probably feel the same way.

But the responsibility inherent in saying yes weighed heavy on me.

I also knew that if I said no, I would have to leave him, no matter what he said. He needed his pack and I couldn't hurt him like that.

I knew he'd find someone else eventually.

And God, the idea of that hurt.

But I loved him enough that I wanted him to be happy, whether or not that was with me.

We swam and stayed out in the sun that day, letting the warmth seep in.

I made sure to soak in every moment.