Chapter 10

Two Weeks Later

Kyler

I thought of every excuse I could think of to avoid going home.

Logan had moved out yesterday and I didn't want to go home to an empty house.

Dean had left the week before, so he wasn't even there anymore to cushion the blow.

Though I supposed I could go back to the house here instead of the one on the beach.

The paparazzi had already moved on to the next piece of fabricated gossip. I was yesterday's news and glad of it.

God, this was harder than I thought it would be.

Logan was nothing if not professional. We didn't have any problem working together.

But there was no denying a certain amount of tension, at least on my part.

It was an effort not to make a move, to touch him how I knew he liked, simply to get closer.

But I wasn't going to pressure him like that, not when he'd made it clear he needed time and space to think.

I scrubbed at my face in frustration.

Dropping my hands, I stared unseeing at the computer screen.

"Kyler? Would you mind looking something over for me?"

I jerked my head up to see Logan hovering in the open doorway of my office.

"Logan, you're still here? I thought you were already gone?"

He stepped inside, smiling a little hesitantly.

"I wanted to get some more work done. Would you mind?"

"Yeah, sure." I took the offered papers, my fingers brushing his in the transfer and sending an embarrassingly intense jolt of sensation through me.

"I took the notes I got and I think I have a good scene there now."

I read through the edit, already knowing it would be good and not being disappointed.

"It's good. I think you have it," I said, handing back the papers with a smile.

He nodded.

"It felt good while it was coming out." He hesitated before reaching into his back pocket for something. "Uh, I also have this for you. You don't have to answer everything if you don't want to. I just...this has been what has been going through my mind lately."

I took the folded up piece of paper, looking down at it.

"What..." I looked up to see Logan had already hightailed it out of there.

Okay.

I carefully unfolded the beat up piece of paper. He'd obviously been carrying it around and worrying at it for a while.

It was hand written, the ink a little smudged.

Smoothing it out on my desk, I looked through some of the questions.

1. Is it contagious?

2. Are you fully in control at all times?

3. Do you have a pack and how does it work?

Blinking, I stopped.