Chapter 15

Note to Reader: Last chapter guys! It's a short one. I wanted to get it up earlier but the flu has decided to slap me across the face :/. If it's not one thing it's another, right? Anyway, I hope you guys enjoyed this story- I certainly enjoyed reading all the comments and appreciated all the likes and follows :).

Also, if you want to purchase any of my work, it's available at major booksellers online (Amazon, iBooks, Barnes and Noble, etc.). And if you have time to leave a review for Kyler's Mate where you usually buy books, I'd appreciate that too :).

Hope everyone has had a good week so far! On to the end!

***

Kyler

Ugh.

I felt like I'd been run over.

And then some vultures decided my carcass looked tasty and came down to sample it.

I opened my eyes, staying still so I wouldn't aggravate anything.

The first thing I saw was Logan's sleeping face.

Which would have been great, actually.

If it wasn't smeared with blood.

A jolt of adrenaline ran through me, my heart leaping in my chest. I tried to get to my feet and then realized I was still in my wolf form.

I needed hands.

Changing was a bitch and a half.

Logan woke up while I was still going through it, sitting up quickly and pulling his hands back after he'd instinctively reached out as if to touch me.

"Shit," I gasped as I completed the change.

"Why the hell did you do that? You're supposed to be conserving your energy for healing right now!" Logan said sharply.

I breathed through the pain, needing to know if he was hurt.

"Are you okay? There's blood on your face."

He touched his face and grimaced. Sighing, he got up and pushed the couch he'd been lying on back so he had room to sit down next to me.

"It's your blood, not mine. Do you remember Callum attacking last night?"

Callum?

As soon as he said it, the memories came flooding back in a rush.

"Fuck."

"Yeah, that about sums it up. How do you feel?" he asked,carefully putting an arm around my shoulders.

"Not good."

He snorted.

"I'm sure that's the understatement of the century. Do you need help going to the bathroom?"

Now that he said it, I really felt nature's call.

"Yeah, I think I might," I admitted, taking stock of my body.

With his support, I made it to the bathroom without falling on my face.

Nailed it.

After taking care of the necessities, I eyed the shower longingly.

I wanted to wash off, but I probably didn't have the energy to stand for long enough. I could already feel my legs getting a little shaky.

"Here, let me," Logan offered as he saw where I was looking. Sitting me down on a chair, he used a dampened towel to get the worst of the blood and dirt off me.